PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man X Collection on the horizon

Storm Eagle
02-05-2005, 12:29 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02/04/news_6117941.html

Even though I've never really played any of the Mega Man X games, I'd still like to own a copy of this one. Actually I've played just a little bit of Mega Man X for the SNES.

I wonder what that Capcom Classics Collection will be all about though.

Now if they'd just hurry up with Mega Man Mania for the GBA, I'd really appreciate it.

KillerGremlin
02-05-2005, 12:32 AM
The Megaman X series kicked ass.....it basically reinvented the game, as it was getting kind of stale by the time the game got to 6 on the NES.

Storm Eagle
02-05-2005, 01:34 AM
Now you can view the trailer. (http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Media/Media.htm?CS_pid={348EB1A6-F628-4E96-832C-6A1CCA826A61})

Stonecutter
02-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Absoultly Awesome (though let's hope it's a decent port, unlike the Megaman Collection, which, sad to say, sucked the cock)

that capcom classics thing looks pretty sweet too.

DeathsHand
02-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Absoultly Awesome (though let's hope it's a decent port, unlike the Megaman Collection, which, sad to say, sucked the cock)

... How did it suck?

I have 2, 3, and 4 on NES, and had played them very shortly before the collection came out...

The only major differences I noticed was the music... Not the PS2 remixes, just that the music was slightly different from the actual NES versions...

That and the gamecube controls sucked major ass... But the PS2's are fine...

Anyways, I'd been hoping for an X collection... X is great, X2 I rented waaaay back and had been wanting to try again... Along with 3, and so on...

But guess what? X2 and X3? Two of the rarest, most valuable SNES games ever..

Complete X3 goes for like 100+ bucks... Insane...

Ginkasa
02-06-2005, 12:16 AM

that capcom classics thing looks pretty sweet too.

Why? I love it to death...

/me shrugs and walks away

Typhoid
02-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Oh man.

The Megaman X series was great, I think so anyways.

I believe it was X-7 for SNES....or one of them, that just blew my mind. The Graphics in it were amazing (at the time)

Not to mention all the white armour you could get in each game was rather spifftastical.

Storm Eagle
02-06-2005, 01:40 AM
... How did it suck?

I have 2, 3, and 4 on NES, and had played them very shortly before the collection came out...

The only major differences I noticed was the music... Not the PS2 remixes, just that the music was slightly different from the actual NES versions...

That and the gamecube controls sucked major ass... But the PS2's are fine...

*sigh*

Please. When I bought the Gamecube version from the store and had someone tell me right then and there about the Gamecube controls, I'll admit I was slightly bummed. It's not all THAT bad though. It took me a little getting used to, and I just dealt. Hell, you can even use the Y button to rapid fire while you still use B to jump, and that's just as good as the NES controls in my opinion.

Oh man.

The Megaman X series was great, I think so anyways.

I believe it was X-7 for SNES....or one of them, that just blew my mind. The Graphics in it were amazing (at the time)

Not to mention all the white armour you could get in each game was rather spifftastical.

You know it kind of seems like you're saying there was a Mega Man X7 for the SNES, when we all know that's not true. Please feel free to correct me if I've got you wrong though.

Typhoid
02-06-2005, 04:40 AM
You know it kind of seems like you're saying there was a Mega Man X7 for the SNES, when we all know that's not true. Please feel free to correct me if I've got you wrong though.

Yeah, it kind of seemslike I said there was a Megaman X7 didnt I?

well yeah, I was wrong.

And dont say it like your an ass.

Seriously.

Storm Eagle
02-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Yeah, it kind of seemslike I said there was a Megaman X7 didnt I?

well yeah, I was wrong.

And dont say it like your an ass.

Seriously.

Well someone needs to calm down. I wasn't attacking you. I also did say that you can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, did I not?

Jonbo298
02-06-2005, 12:52 PM
Good games. Don't know if I'll get around to playing them but they were fun.

BreakABone
02-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Well, I personally prefer the X series over the original series.

Dyne
02-06-2005, 05:22 PM
I loved Megaman X1. I can't wait to play this. :D

And it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying just the Megaman X SNES cart at a local store for $39 CAD.

DeathsHand
02-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Please. When I bought the Gamecube version from the store and had someone tell me right then and there about the Gamecube controls, I'll admit I was slightly bummed. It's not all THAT bad though. It took me a little getting used to, and I just dealt. Hell, you can even use the Y button to rapid fire while you still use B to jump, and that's just as good as the NES controls in my opinion.

I'm sorry, but playing an old 2D mega man game with an analog stick blows...

Not only does it just feel weird to begin with, but there's a bit of a "dead-zone" in the diagonal motion... As in jumping to one side while having to hold up to grab onto a ladder... More than once I was doing that, then suddenly stopped moving forward and dropped into the pit (or spikes) below...

And the reversed action buttons just feel wrong... The rapid fire button feels a bit better, but maybe I don't want to use the rapid fire button... I could beat any mega man game on there without dying once with the rapid fire button...

Ok that's a complete lie, but it does make things a lot easier...

On a side note, the new versions of songs heard in "Navi mode" on PS2 suck... A lot...

TheSlyMoogle
02-07-2005, 11:26 PM
This makes me so happy and warm inside.

Storm Eagle
02-08-2005, 05:38 PM
I'm sorry, but playing an old 2D mega man game with an analog stick blows...

Not only does it just feel weird to begin with, but there's a bit of a "dead-zone" in the diagonal motion... As in jumping to one side while having to hold up to grab onto a ladder... More than once I was doing that, then suddenly stopped moving forward and dropped into the pit (or spikes) below...

And the reversed action buttons just feel wrong... The rapid fire button feels a bit better, but maybe I don't want to use the rapid fire button... I could beat any mega man game on there without dying once with the rapid fire button...

Ok that's a complete lie, but it does make things a lot easier...

On a side note, the new versions of songs heard in "Navi mode" on PS2 suck... A lot...

I prefer the original music anyway. It's more nostalgic that way. I've even rented the PS2 version and heard the music on some, and it does suck.

For what it's worth, however, Mega Man Anniversary Collection will be released for X-Box soon. It'll have all the extras from the PS2 and Gamecube versions, and will even give the player a choice of FOUR control schemes. Some would say that they might have learned their mistake from the controls with the Gamecube version, but I bet they'll stiff the Gamecube version of the Mega Man X collection with the controls.