PDA

View Full Version : I'm Calling It...

Professor S
02-02-2006, 01:05 AM
The Xbox 360 launch is a bust. I know the sales numbers are actually pretty good, but the 360's launch line-up and piss-poor follow up since then have left me sailing the sea of apathy on the H.M.S. Disinterest.

The upcoming titles don't really excite me that much either, besides Oblivion and maybe Gears of War. Other than that... yawn. The PS3 has me more interested int heir titles, spurred mainly by the great late releases the PS2 has had.

I don't know, maybe its console gaming thats boring me. Everything seems to have been done before, especially in the FPS genre, and everyone is just cloning each other's work. Ouside of Day of Reckoning 2 (I just made One Man Gang, and he's DEAD ON) I've been playing PC games exclusively for the passed couple months.

Jonbo298
02-02-2006, 08:07 AM
I think MS entered too soon and didnt give developers more time to get games polished. Look at EA's games, EA had to rush it to get it out in time (and supposedly built it "From the ground up").

The games look like somthing I'd like to try for 360 but not at $400 to ensure I get the full 360 package. I plan to at some point get a 360 but not yet.

Hopefully PS3's extra time to get games built will help (depending on how long companies have had dev kits also) and that they dont purposely limit supply.

Krypton
02-02-2006, 03:57 PM
I had already knew this was coming.

Canyarion
02-02-2006, 04:26 PM
*tries to say nothing* :sneaky:

GameMaster
02-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Patience is a virtue lost to a generation of kids who expect everything lightning fast.

Professor S
02-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Patience is a virtue lost to a generation of kids who expect everything lightning fast.

Coming from a kid 9 years my junior...

Perfect Stu
02-03-2006, 11:47 AM
you do NOT want to scare me, junior

MuGen
02-03-2006, 04:25 PM
I agree with Professor S... The Xbox 360 launch did flop.. thats that. And the argument about Patience is invalid. Because the original point was that the launch flopped.... and arguing that waiting for better games on the Xbox 360 wouldn't matter because thats missing the point.

And even if it was included... Professor S substantiated himself by saying ' the upcoming titles don't really excite me much either '

Of course this was an opinion.... hereby strengthened in agreement with MY opinion.

:beerchug:

Dyne
02-03-2006, 05:21 PM
I still stand by my original stance that Microsoft is ****ing stubborn because they have a lot of money to back the 360 up. They're bringing a lot to an industry that doesn't need it.

Neo
02-03-2006, 10:27 PM
It may be a matter of pride as well. MS won't admit failure and bow out no matter how much money they lose. I only wonder if the shareholders will be as forgiving.

Larryfilmmaker
02-05-2006, 01:56 PM
I agree... this launch completely flopped. I'm a game fan, but I have absolutely ZERO interest in the 360. Halo 3, Oblivion, end list. Of course, I thought the only great titles on XBOX were Halo and Morrowind, so maybe it's just me. Still... there's something wrong when there's nothing appealing about a video game system. Reminds me of Sega Saturn lol.

Dylflon
02-05-2006, 02:43 PM
The Sega Saturn had Dragon Force.

And oddly enough, last night part of my dream entailed some girl giving me a Sega Saturn with a copy of Dragon Force.

'Twas strange.

Hey GM, would you still be interested in mailing me your copy to borrow and play? I take good care of people's games.

Dyne
02-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Hey GM, would you still be interested in mailing me your copy to borrow and play? I take good care of people's games.

Just get him to rip an .ISO. There's working Saturn Emulators now.