PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had beer as breakfast?

Angrist
06-14-2008, 06:11 PM
We were on excursion once with our MSc class. This Chinese (student from China), a Dutch guy and me decided to have a bear shortly after breakfast.

But I thought it just didn't taste right (they weren't cooled either) so after a few gulps I gave mine away. Alcohol in the morning isn't my thing.

Bube
06-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Hmm.. I've never had one for breakfast, but thinking about it, if I had an ice cold one, I justmight :D

I'm really thirsty right now, so I may not be thinking clearly :D

The Germanator
06-14-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't think I've ever had beer for breakfast, but I've definitely had my share of pints with lunch. I've had breakfast cocktails like Mimosas and Bloody Mary's though and those always go ever well for me.

Typhoid
06-14-2008, 08:30 PM
There's been a few times back in my earlier days where I'd wake up from a long night of drinking, and start it with a long day of drinking.

I'm however not opposed to lunch beers, or lunch mixed drinks.
As long as you're not doing it to get tanked, then you're still a-ok.

gekko
06-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Yes I have, not too bad, but not the best time either.

Had a glass of scotch for breakfast this morning :D

Swan
06-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Well you know what they say, "Beer is for morning"

Jason1
06-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I have some friends who go to the University of Illinois, and since it is only maybe 40 minutes from where I go to school at Illinois State University I went and visited them a couple of times. Usually it was only for one night, and I wouldnt get there until the evening. Heavy drinking always ensued. Once a year though, they have what they call an "Unnofical" St. Patricks day. It happens like a week or 2 before their spring break, because I belive St. Patricks day is during the spring break. Anyways, its just a big excuse to drink all day long, and everyone does. Some school's have copied it I believe, maybe some of you have heard of it? Anyways, this year I went down on a Thursday night because my roomate was heading down that night anyways. That was the one and only time I drank in the morning, and I wouldnt recommend it. Probably started drinking friday at 10 AM and didnt stop until well into the next morning. I woke up friday to my friend doing a shot at 8 AM. Its a pretty intense tradition...

The Germanator
06-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I just realized that some friends and I did once drink before a 10 AM class at college once...

We were kind of buddies of the teacher (a 70 year old man, once head of United Artists) and he said the last day of class should be a day of "general decadence")

We took this to mean that we should be drunk at class...We drank some whiskey beforehand, didn't really get drunk, but buzzed enough. It was a World War I Lit class, and he played World War I music on his iPod. We all dressed up in suits. Only later did we tell him we had been drinking before and instead of being pissed off he totally loved it. Hence, he became my favorite teacher.

Jonbo298
06-15-2008, 10:47 PM
That is awesome Germy

Dyne
06-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Hahaha, nice.

Personally? I could probably do it. Of course, I like to do a lot of weird things. How about pear/turkey burgers with chutney topping?

manasecret
06-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Yes, several times as I recall. I seem to remember a week to a month of bacchanalia that the locals like to call I think it's "Marty Graw"? Whatever it is, they seem to do it every year and for some reason I keep attending.

Angrist
06-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Do they also call beer 'the liquid bread' over there?

In medieval ages, they'd often have beer with their breakfast... I guess they were drunk 24/7.

flamb
06-16-2008, 06:15 PM
usually only when camping can i manage the morning beer

Perfect Stu
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
AS breakfast? i dont think so

WITH breakfast? yeah

Perfect Stu
06-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Yes, several times as I recall. I seem to remember a week to a month of bacchanalia that the locals like to call I think it's "Marty Graw"? Whatever it is, they seem to do it every year and for some reason I keep attending.

you mean Mardi Gras?

Dyne
06-17-2008, 05:09 PM
you mean Mardi Gras?

:lolz: I think that was his point.

manasecret
06-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Yeah it was. The misspelling is a bit of a joke by itself because every once in awhile I'll see people who horrendously misspell Mardi Gras. I guess if you're not familiar with it by living under a rock or under a very puritan family, I guess not everyone comes from a family of lushes...

Combine 017
06-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Not only have I not had beer for breakfast, ive never had beer, cause it sucks!