PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon!!!!!!!!!

-apu-
06-25-2002, 12:23 AM
Who here remembers the good old days when everyone was fighting on gameboy to get a mewtwo or a riachu....just to battle them between gameboys...ya..those were the days, that game was so immersive....and then they had to come out with a load of new crap....it all started with pokemon yellow...and them silver....and them gold.....and then crystal....weren't the original 151 pokemon good enough?!?!?!? they practically dug the grave for themselves. n e ways, pokemon wuz good for a while, and i can't say i didn't love downloading a gameboy emulator to play it cuz i wuz too damn cheap to buy an actual gameboy and the game.....:D

Drunk Hobbit
06-25-2002, 12:30 AM
Yeah, I enjoyed the red/blue more than any other gameboy (color or advance too) game. All the trading and whatnot...so great.

Jonbo298
06-25-2002, 12:36 AM
Its called more money stolen away from little kids and their parents:D But expect Nintendo to continue milking the franchise away. I remember the good ol' days of Pokemon.

-apu-
06-25-2002, 12:38 AM
i remember this one time...i accidentally deleted my friend's game on his gameboy when he had like over 120 of the pokemon in the game and he had like over 50 hours in that game.....thank god i wuzn't anywhere near his house when he found out :D

Jin
06-25-2002, 05:57 PM
Yep, life was great back then. I remember going to a friends house almost every week to trade and battle. But after the show, card game, clothing, etc. came out, it all went downhill.

GameMaster
06-26-2002, 01:37 AM
I still play. Playing Crystal as a matter of fact. Can't wait for PKMN Advanced. Click my signature if you ever need a place to talk about Pokémon...

-apu-
06-27-2002, 04:04 PM
How is crystal n e ways....i'm too cheap to buy it and too lazy to download it.:D

Mushlafa
06-28-2002, 01:45 AM
yeah.. I remember that.. it was soooooooo much fun
I remember i had a wicked ass Charizard, Mewtwo, Zapdos (main guys) and some other really good high lvl guys :D

Happydude
06-28-2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by -apu-
i remember this one time...i accidentally deleted my friend's game on his gameboy when he had like over 120 of the pokemon in the game and he had like over 50 hours in that game.....thank god i wuzn't anywhere near his house when he found out :D

-apu- ---->:flame: <-------- Me!!!!!

Jin
06-28-2002, 11:16 PM
How is crystal n e ways....i'm too cheap to buy it and too lazy to download it.:D

Man, you are one lazy guy. How did you even gather the energy to type that post? :lol:

GameMaster
06-29-2002, 01:27 AM

It's very good. I can also verify for all of you that indeed, Mewtwo is the strongest Pokémon of all. You can look up Pokémon's stats in bar graph form in Pokémon Stadium 2 and Mewtwo's are the highest surpassing even Mew and Celebi. Genetically cloned/enhanced Pokémon these days... :rolleyes:

-apu-
07-02-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by GameMaster

It's very good. I can also verify for all of you that indeed, Mewtwo is the strongest Pokémon of all. You can look up Pokémon's stats in bar graph form in Pokémon Stadium 2 and Mewtwo's are the highest surpassing even Mew and Celebi. Genetically cloned/enhanced Pokémon these days... :rolleyes:

ummmmm.....who the HELL is celebi???:confused:

Bube
07-02-2002, 12:52 PM

ummmmm.....who the HELL is celebi???:confused:

He's like Mew, but in G/S/C. The 251st Pokemon. Nintendo gave them away, like Mew, you couldn't catch him.

Drunk Hobbit
07-02-2002, 01:06 PM

A Tyranitar could easily kill him.

gekko
07-02-2002, 01:50 PM
I liked it before it was popular. Now... too many kiddies surrounding the Pikachu.

Drunk Hobbit
07-02-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by gekko
I liked it before it was popular. Now... too many kiddies surrounding the Pikachu.

Exactly. Like the other day I took my pikachu for a walk in the park and all of the sudden a group of kids run up to him and start pulling at his cheeks and hugging him. We barely made it out alive.

Angrist
07-02-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Danchastu

Exactly. Like the other day I took my pikachu for a walk in the park and all of the sudden a group of kids run up to him and start pulling at his cheeks and hugging him. We barely made it out alive. Oh yeah I got that all the time... man I hated that.

GameMaster
07-03-2002, 01:26 AM
Pokémon Fun Fact #2: Did you know that weird Pokémon that latches onto Slowpoke's tail and can be seen on Slowking's head is a Shellder? It looks awfully different doesn't it? Should it be considered an evolution form of Shellder as well?

Drunk Hobbit
07-03-2002, 03:37 AM
I've always felt that for Slowpoke to evolve in the games you should combine it with a Shellder instead of it evolving by itself. But other Pokemon evolve by combining such as to form Weezing and Magnitron.

GameMaster
07-06-2002, 02:09 AM
Their of the same species though. It's weird when they combine two different species and only consider one an evolution. Like Shellder and Slowpoke, and Mantine and Remoraid for example. Even though Mantine doesn't evolve (at least not yet), it's hard to think of it as just a Mantine. Same with Girafarig's other side and Wobbuffet's tail. Strange...

Fun Fact #3: Did you know Porygon is a computer generated and programmed Pokémon? Therefore, should he really be considered a true Pokémon?

Andromida_
07-08-2002, 07:50 PM
Ya way back then... lol
Some of my "friends" still play those games... and that was the "fad" around here like a month ago.

GameMaster
07-10-2002, 01:39 AM
Fun Fact #4: Did you know Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan were created in honor of Hollywood's two greatest martial artists, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan? I wonder who Hitmontop represents?

Drunk Hobbit
07-10-2002, 03:26 AM
Fun Fact #4: Did you know Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan were created in honor of Hollywood's two greatest martial artists, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan? I wonder who Hitmontop represents?

Hitmonlee = Bruce Lee :)
Hitmonchan = Jackie Chan :D
Hitmontop = Carrot Top :eek:

GameMaster
07-11-2002, 01:58 AM
Fun Fact #5: Ever forget the order of those first three original legendary birds? Fear no more friends, now it's as easy as counting to 3 in Spanish!

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

ˇolé! :D

Jonbo298
07-11-2002, 02:30 AM
That is a fun fact! I never knew it was as easy as 1-2-3!

Ridley
07-11-2002, 09:54 AM
Fun Fact #5: Ever forget the order of those first three original legendary birds? Fear no more friends, now it's as easy as counting to 3 in Spanish!

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres

ˇolé! :D

I remember when some kid sent that fact in to Nintendo Power and they replied by saying something like "Great job, George(whatever the name was)! There's also a fourth legendary bird named Sqwuaktros.". Then after that, there was a note under it saying in bold letters "This is a joke. Do not send in e-mails asking us where to find Squawktros. It doesn't exist"

Even after I read it, I figured there would still be some really stupid kids writing in, asking how to get it. Either that, or they'd start a rumor over the internet saying that NP claimed there was a new legendary bird ;).

Joeiss
07-11-2002, 11:36 AM
I got Pokemon the first day it came out in Canada (I think it was the same day as America, maybe not... Whatever). I got Pokemon Blue, and played it for 4 hours that night. My best friend got Red the next day... Damn those were the days. Then like 5 months later (after we allready beat the game several times), everybody at our school started getting the games and watching the show and stuff. Oh well. We were done with it anwyays before it became widespread. :D

And I really liked the TV Show. But I never really got involved in watching the later shows based on the ending of the Blue/Red series. That is because it was on before I got home from school.

Yeah... Good old Pokemon. I remember I would write into Nintendo Power every month asking when they were going to make a similar RPG Pokemon game for the N64. But they never answered my mail. :(

-apu-
07-12-2002, 11:33 AM
ya pokemon blue/red were da best

GameMaster
07-13-2002, 01:55 AM
Fun Fact #6: Know why Meowth from the animated series only knows one attack, scratch? It's because he used all his power to learn to speak. No matter how much Jessie and James nag, he will never learn Pay Day.

Jonbo298
07-13-2002, 02:35 AM
I already knew about that fact.:D

GameMaster
07-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Fun Fact #7: Did you know no one has ever seen the lonesome Cubone's real face? Nor Marowak's?

Drunk Hobbit
07-16-2002, 06:51 PM
Cubone wears the skull of its dead mother and with marowak the skull merges with it when it evolves.

But does that mean all cubone have a deceased mother?

GameMaster
07-18-2002, 05:41 PM
*Fun Fact Bonus*

Say goodbye to Misty folks. Yep, that's right. Starting in the 6th season, after the Johto League Champions, Misty will be leaving Ash and Brock. In her place comes a new young girl. As well as the three new starter Pokémon. As you can see Ash and Brock have also gotten some clothes for their new adventure.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/advance.gif

Jonbo298
07-18-2002, 06:12 PM
Jeez, that woman is really friggin thin! Maybe a sign Nintendo is "maturing" Pokemon. Although, I'm waiting for the day when Nintendo somehow makes Pokemon more "MATURE";) ;):killpika::D

Drunk Hobbit
07-18-2002, 06:32 PM
*Fun Fact Bonus*

Say goodbye to Misty folks. Yep, that's right. Starting in the 6th season, after the Johto League Champions, Misty will be leaving Ash and Brock. In her place comes a new young girl. As well as the three new starter Pokémon. As you can see Ash and Brock have also gotten some clothes for their new adventure.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/advance.gif

Ah! That's the girl you have of choice of choosing in S/R. And finally Ash wears something else. Still think it would be cooler to follow a new kid at the beginning of a journey instead of Ash who gets rid of his old pokemon for new ones. Me like the bird starter but a flying/fire isn't so great. *sigh* Nothing will ever beat squirtle, bulbasaur, and charmander as starters.

As for Misty, I guess Ash finally paid her for the bike he broke.

GameMaster
07-18-2002, 10:11 PM
I guessing this isn't goodbye forever Dan, but I could be wrong. I think it's just an season "leave of absence." Just like Brock did. And like Tracy, I'm guessing Kimi will leave at the end of season and Misty will join back up. You're right about the original starters though. Never can replace them. Although this new grass starter looks pretty cool and he's most likely the one I'm going to pick. Being it that I always choose grass as my starter, well, except for Yellow version. I wonder what that new Professor's name is English? Following the names of the old professors, it's gotta be the name of a type of tree like oak and elm. Maybe it will be Pine! :D ;)

-apu-
07-19-2002, 01:11 PM
i haven't watched pokemon for a LONG (and i mean LONG) time but is gary still around?

GameMaster
07-20-2002, 12:30 AM
Yeah, Gary is still there. He's got an Eevee that's going to evolve into Umbreon pretty soon.

Angrist
07-23-2002, 08:06 AM
Man you've been posting here without me! :( :D

Nice facts. Nice new PKMN. You sometimes wonder how they can come up with something new every time. :)

-apu-
08-19-2002, 01:45 AM
Sorry for reviving this thread but i felt that this was the best place to b*tch about the TOTAL CRAPPINESS of pokemon Ruby and Sapphire...I mean it's just pointless, pokemon is dead already...it's like trying to raise the dead by giving them a new heart....*that IS impossible.......right?*:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
But the new versions of Pokemon reallly do piss me off:mad:

GameMaster
08-21-2002, 01:25 AM
Hey, if they can do it with Final Fantasy, then Pokémon will be no challenge. :D

Bube
08-21-2002, 05:43 AM
Pokemon got banned here a long time ago, and I have one question. When did Brock re-join the team? Wasn't he with some professor on Orange Islands?

Bond
08-21-2002, 08:34 AM
Hey, if they can do it with Final Fantasy, then Pokémon will be no challenge. :D
Yeah, but the only probably is that 80% of America hates Pokemon.

-apu-
08-21-2002, 11:59 AM
that and the fact that each final fantasy is completely different from the other, completely different magic systems, completely different characters and the newer ones, completely better graphics:D