PDA

View Full Version : Good Lord: Microsoft and THQ go GBA

Bond
06-25-2002, 10:21 AM
http://www.teamxbox.com/news.php?id=3369

THQ and Microsoft today announced an exclusive, worldwide Game Boy Advance publishing agreement. Under the agreement, THQ will publish several of Microsoft Game Studios’ top-selling Xbox and PC game properties on the popular Game Boy Advance system. In addition to Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee™ and Monster Truck Madness 2.0, THQ and Microsoft Game Studios will work together to identify additional properties for release under the agreement.

“Microsoft Game Studios has created several innovative game franchises that have met with tremendous success among PC and Xbox gamers,” stated Germaine Gioia, vice president, licensing, THQ. “This unique deal augments our longstanding leadership position in handheld gaming with an additional pipeline of great gaming content for the Game Boy Advance system.”

“Our partnership with THQ provides an exciting licensing opportunity to introduce some of Microsoft Game Studios’ best-selling franchises to new and broader audiences worldwide,” said John Jordan, Director of Xbox Business Development at Microsoft Game Studios. “THQ has a stellar reputation for game development, and we look forward to working with them to bring Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee™, Monster Truck Madness 2.0 and other best-selling franchises to the hand-held platform.”

“We always look for expansion opportunities for our games, and hand-held platforms provide a great opportunity to capture a new worldwide audience,” said Ed Ventura, Director of PC Business Development at Microsoft Game Studios. “By working with THQ, we introduce Game Boy Advance into the platform mix for our titles giving consumers another opportunity to experience our award-winning products and franchises.”

-apu-
06-25-2002, 10:31 AM
soo.....does this mean that red faction 2 is gonna be released for xbox?

gekko
06-25-2002, 10:33 AM
This has nothing to do with Red Faction 2.

Bond
06-25-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by -apu-
soo.....does this mean that red faction 2 is gonna be released for xbox?
Where the hell did you get Red Faction 2 from the press release?

-apu-
06-25-2002, 10:41 AM
ohhh.ok...i wuz just 2 lazy to read the entire thing...i jsut read a couple of sentences here and there....oh well....i still think red faction 2 should come to xbox:D

gekko
06-25-2002, 10:43 AM
I could've read the title and told you this isn't about any games coming to Xbox.

BreakABone
06-25-2002, 11:01 AM
*Thinks*

Isn't THQ also publishing Sega games for the GBA?

And I believe some other games for companies in Europe?

*Wonders*

I think THQ is trying to become like a publishing giant or something.

Professor S
06-25-2002, 11:10 AM
I don't think this is as big of a deal as some people do. MS has shown no interest in the booming field of hand helds, why why wouldn't they want to cash in on it in a publishing role? It won't affect the XBox at all.

Jonbo298
06-25-2002, 12:36 PM
:wtf:

TheGame
06-25-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by BreakABone
*Thinks*

Isn't THQ also publishing Sega games for the GBA?

And I believe some other games for companies in Europe?

*Wonders*

I think THQ is trying to become like a publishing giant or something.

THQ used to plublish EA games for GB too... while EA used to plublish THQ's non-wrestling titles for consoles...

That always used to confuse me.

fingersman
06-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Hey maybe they will publish HAlo2 for GC??:sneaky:

*everyone gives fingersman a disbelieving look*

Hey it could happen!!!
I hope :sneaky:

GameKinG
06-25-2002, 03:07 PM
This will have nothing to do with cube either.

2 reasons they could do this:

-They see a potential market for their games.

-They could be tring to learn more about gameboy advance and gb games inorder to make their own handheld.

The first would be a wiser choice, and Im sure they are smart enough to see this.

Jin
06-25-2002, 05:31 PM
The people at Microsoft probably thought, hell why not? They'll make a significant amount of cash and it doesn't effect their X-Box sales. The only way that this could hurt them is by giving money to Nintendo, but if you think about it, Microsoft will be making a lot more off of this move than Nintendo ever will.

Joeiss
06-25-2002, 11:02 PM
This can help Xbox sales, alot.

Think about it. A person buys a copy of a MS game on GBA. They play it, and love it. They heard that it is out on a system, and find out it is on Xbox. They go out to buy an Xbox, and therefore Xbox sales just increased.

However, the games that they will be making on the GBA will have to be very good for this to happen.

Jonbo298
06-26-2002, 12:37 PM
I just now thought of this, but isn't there some way Nintendo can say "No THQ you can't make that" or Nintendo could just not officially license the games THQ publishes that are from M$?