PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 2003

Bond
07-11-2002, 06:36 PM
Some information on NCAA Football 2003:

The College Game: Feel all the pageantry with over 200 fight songs, 3D cheerleaders, and 117 Division I-A schools.

My Favorite Team: Personalize the game interface based on your team’s fight song, mascot, logos, and school colors.

Build A Dynasty: Create your own school and schedule, recruit star athletes, and redshirt developing players to build a national powerhouse.

Rivalry Mode: Beat your school’s archrival and win one of 23 coveted trophies.

Trophy Room: Display up to 59 total trophies including conference championships and individual player awards.

Screen shots:

http://www.gamespy.com/e32002/ps2/ncaa2003/1.jpg

http://www.gamespy.com/e32002/ps2/ncaa2003/2.jpg

http://www.gamespy.com/e32002/ps2/ncaa2003/3.jpg

http://www.gamespy.com/e32002/ps2/ncaa2003/4.jpg

http://www.gamespy.com/e32002/ps2/ncaa2003/5.jpg

The game looks to be shaping up quite nicely, I'm even considering buying it. What do you guys think?

Go Notre Dame!

Perfect Stu
07-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Let's go Tennessee and Florida!!!

Woooo!

This game looks very good...I'm considering buying it...

Happydude
07-11-2002, 07:24 PM
i hate sports games...well...racing is ok...but not basket ball and hockey and football etc...those games are just way to repetative(sp?)

now Gran Turismo 2....that was an amazing sports game!

Joeiss
07-11-2002, 07:55 PM
Well, this game sounds amazing from what I have read about it, but college sports games aren't really my cup of tea. I prefer the professional league games....

But this game does sound pretty good.

Jonbo298
07-11-2002, 08:35 PM
3D Cheerleaders! Whoo!:banana:

nWoCHRISnWo
07-11-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by happydude666
i hate sports games...well...racing is ok...but not basket ball and hockey and football etc...those games are just way to repetative(sp?)

now Gran Turismo 2....that was an amazing sports game!

Yes, because I can totally see how a game where you race a car around for the entire game wouldn't be repetitive.

PureEvil
07-12-2002, 12:13 AM
Heh... I agree. At least hockey and football games shuffle the competition a bit... Racing though... Around, and around, and around, and...

As for this game... It looks sweet. I don't think I'm gonna get this one, though. Sega's NFL 2K3 looks wicked (And I'm a little more familiar with the NFL as compared to college football), and so I'll likely be getting that instead.

Happydude
07-12-2002, 12:39 AM
acually...in GT2 you acually have to get liscences and buy cars and stuff, and all the cars are different in look, handling, etc.

and you get money for racing...and then there are leagues and other stuff...so, it's not as repetative as you think...i would know, i've been playing it for over a year now:unsure:

and im only like 13% done of the game...

PureEvil
07-12-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by happydude666
acually...in GT2 you acually have to get liscences and buy cars and stuff, and all the cars are different in look, handling, etc.

and you get money for racing...and then there are leagues and other stuff...so, it's not as repetative as you think...i would know, i've been playing it for over a year now:unsure:

and im only like 13% done of the game...

acually... I have GT3, and you also get licenses, buy cars and parts, tune the cars, and the cars are different in look and handling.

As well, you get money for races, and there are different leagues and series races and stuff. And, I've found that it is repetitive.

And I would know too, as I've had it for about 7 months, and I play lots of racing games. :unsure:

So I feel that yes, yes racing is repetitive.

(Have you ever watched a real race? If you can watch a real race and tell me that racing isn't repitive... You're apparently watching football or hockey or something.)

Happydude
07-12-2002, 11:30 AM
yeah, real races are repetative...and GT2 has like double the cars GT3 has...or so i heard...so there is much more choice...

but whatever...these are only opinions...so...blah!:p

TheGame
07-15-2002, 12:34 PM
I'm buying this game...

I like some thing about college games more than Madden.. mainly the franchise mode. I hate having to deal with contracts, and I really hate dealing with cuts.

I like playing college football with friends more too... I mean, in Madden we just fight over who gets to be the rams every game... and created players become a BIG hazard.

While in College football, I don't care if people create players... and there are a bazillion schools to pick from. Plus there is a 60 year franchise, and I don't have to deal with looking over other teams stats each year just to find out who the hell all these rookies are. In college the only team that matters is my team.

I still like madden more, because year after year it offers better gameplay, more options, and a much better presentation.

Neo
07-25-2002, 05:21 AM
After searching all over town I eventually found a copy of it. I'm a little disappointed that there isn't more variation in the announcer's comments. It sometimes feels like I'm just playing 2002. It's nice to have the updated rosters though.