PDA

View Full Version : Hmm... interesting interview from June 2001!

Angrist
08-30-2002, 07:13 AM
IGNCube: What can you tell us about GameCube Pokémon?

Iwata: Well, we first showed you the demo at Space World last year and a lot of people were wondering why we didn't show something here at Eł. But really what this Eł is about is that we've focused on games that we're going to have out by the end of this year and that game is not going to be one of them, which is why we haven't shown it here.

One other aspect is that we're also currently in development with Pokémon for Game Boy Advance and we're working on getting a really good link between those two games.

Of course, we could do something like we have with Pokémon Stadium in the past, but if we do somehting like that it wouldn't be as much fun as it's already been done. So instead we're looking at things that haven't been done and we're looking at new things to add to them and new ways to get the two games to work together so that we can create something that's going to make people happy. If we don't try hard enough we're going to end up with a sequel that's not going to please people.

I found that interview yesterday, back then I had printed it out. That's pretty interesting if you'd ask me. They are NOT going to make another Pokémon Stadium this time, and it will have a really good link with the AGB versions! :D

Drunk Hobbit
08-30-2002, 11:47 AM
Yes, um, yeah...read that when it um...well, back in june 01...yes....butternut....

Crono
08-30-2002, 02:46 PM
I'll be happy if its an RPG like the GBC ones...

BlueFire
08-30-2002, 02:55 PM
An online one would have me sold. :-o