PDA

View Full Version : PS2 launch vs. XBox launch **Pictures Inside!**

thehtownpoption
03-03-2002, 12:21 PM
This picture is really funny. Comparison of the two launches:

http://www.planetps2.com/mmcafe/pics02/img20020221150914.jpg

Do I even need to comment? :roll: I found it at PA.

Perfect Stu
03-03-2002, 12:52 PM
lol

azazela31
03-03-2002, 01:04 PM
Ouch...

But that's not even funny.

Joeiss
03-03-2002, 01:54 PM
That's not funny, thats sad.

But didn't GCN have little line-ups in Japan on launch day as well?

thehtownpoption
03-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
That's not funny, thats sad.

But didn't GCN have little line-ups in Japan on launch day as well?

Yeah, more than likely it did, which would be equally as funny (or sad).

Professor S
03-10-2002, 07:02 PM
Well hell, if its posted in PA is MUST be valid and not two completely unrelated sets of pictures... :rolleyes:

Well, with the recall MS is screwed in Japan anyway. The Japanese aren't going to trust them again. I imagine that half of the 250,000 they sold to will want t refund. Whoever is resposible for the screw up should be beaten with a sack of dorrknobs thats so stupid.

Japan is the LAST place that XBox needs to have a technical problem seeing that its an American electronics product in a nation that is very hesitant to buy American.

Perfect Stu
03-11-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by The Strangler
Well hell, if its posted in PA is MUST be valid and not two completely unrelated sets of pictures... :rolleyes:

Well, with the recall MS is screwed in Japan anyway. The Japanese aren't going to trust them again. I imagine that half of the 250,000 they sold to will want t refund. Whoever is resposible for the screw up should be beaten with a sack of dorrknobs thats so stupid.

Japan is the LAST place that XBox needs to have a technical problem seeing that its an American electronics product in a nation that is very hesitant to buy American.

I agree completely with what you just said

Strangler, I am liking you more and more as a poster

I'm serious

thehtownpoption
03-14-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by The Strangler

Touchie, touchie. I didn't put the Penny Arcade reference to prove it was real, I just put it there so someone would know where I got it from. Whether it's true or not, it's still funny because the XBox is obviously not doing well.

The recall turned out to be untrue, just a scare when a few people had problems with their XBox's. I guess I won't point out the irony in you being wrong... :rolleyes:

:roll:

db

brace
03-14-2002, 09:44 PM
j0. can't decide which you want more? i'd get a ps2, but i'd also be down to win a free xb0x. i entered a contest at www.buzzfirst.com related to rayman 3, which i'm really looking forward to!, and hopefully i'll win. there'll be 3 winners. chosing from a ps2, gamecube, or x-b0x.

DeathsHand
03-14-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by brace
j0. can't decide which you want more? i'd get a ps2, but i'd also be down to win a free xb0x. i entered a contest at www.buzzfirst.com related to rayman 3, which i'm really looking forward to!, and hopefully i'll win. there'll be 3 winners. chosing from a ps2, gamecube, or x-b0x.

Is every post you make about that damn contest? :unsure:

Professor S
03-14-2002, 09:56 PM
Its called SPAMMING. Someone should do something about it.

As for the recall, IGN and other sites were reporting what was basically a recall earlier before this new news came up. So at the time I was right. But the effect is still the same. This will hurt the XBox even more than it was already hurting in Japan. Considering Sony's dirty tricks campaign so far with the XBox, I wouldn't be surprised if it was their doing, honestly.

Drunk Hobbit
03-19-2002, 06:15 PM
If you went to IGN Xbox and happened to borrow someone's Insider account :sneaky: then you would have seen the masses of people there. At first there weren't many but by 6am it was packed. Even had Xbox girls handing out coffee. The first three guys who bought it were on TV. Overall, Xbox was a pretty big deal.

But the Japanese version comes with a disturbing little trinket:
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/launch_bigP202.jpg

DeathsHand
03-19-2002, 06:32 PM
OH I WANT THAT BILL GATES THING!

I'd go to my friend's school and show it off to everybody and I'd be like the coolest kid there :cool:

but seriously they couldn't think of any better special little item to throw in? I mean why not a little mini-Xbox keychain? That could actually look a little cool maybe :p

Blix
03-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Gaming these days is more talking about it than playing it. It's a shame.

Bond
03-19-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by brace
Stop spamming on the forums or you will be removed from them.

Yoda9864
03-21-2002, 10:46 PM
Wow, that little keychain is really sad...

Professor S
03-23-2002, 12:15 AM
Well I hope no one bought an XBox for a keychain...