GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Whatcha listenin to? (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7078)

thatmariolover 02-18-2008 10:51 PM

Re: Whatcha listenin to?

Laura Marling - Ghosts
Cara Beth Satalino - Cheap Cologne and China Dolls
State Radio - The Story of Benjamin Darling, Part 1
The Magnetic Fields - California Girls

The Germanator 02-18-2008 11:01 PM

I've been listening to the Vampire Weekend album a bunch lately...I hope to see them at SXSW

Swan 02-19-2008 12:39 AM

Sweet Charity - Mr. Bungle

GameMaster 02-19-2008 01:04 AM

Killer Tofu Concert of '96

KillerGremlin 02-20-2008 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 217108)
Sweet Charity - Mr. Bungle

Ah, what a wonderful piece of your musical journey. California is a twisted but fun album. My favorite is still Disco Volante, so I recommend you listen to that if you have not already.

Bube 02-21-2008 09:56 AM

Collapse the Light Into Earth, by Porcupine Tree.

I always recommend PT to everybody - listen to these guys, especially their In Absentia and Deadwing albums.

Swan 02-21-2008 05:24 PM

Yeah Disco Volante is quite a good album, though I have not listened to it in awhile. I really like their self titled album. I should go back and listen to Disco Voilante soon.

And as for Porcupine Tree. Amazing band. In Absentia is one of the best albums I have heard in awhile.

But yeah, I'm listening to Mastodon's Leviathan album. I can't decide whether I prefer this one of Blood Mountain more. Both are great albums but as a whole Leviathan is a bit better in my opinion. It all kind of goes together. The only complaint I have about it is that all the songs sound very similiar. Blood Mountain on the other hand each song is just so....wow.

Tough decision

The Germanator 02-21-2008 10:45 PM

Wu Tang Clan - Wu Tang Ain't Nothing To Fuck Wit

Still regretting I didn't see them live this past tour, but tickets were like $50...

NoMam86 12-09-2008 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 217171)
Yeah Disco Volante is quite a good album, though I have not listened to it in awhile. I really like their self titled album. I should go back and listen to Disco Voilante soon.

And as for Porcupine Tree. Amazing band. In Absentia is one of the best albums I have heard in awhile.

But yeah, I'm listening to Mastodon's Leviathan album. I can't decide whether I prefer this one of Blood Mountain more. Both are great albums but as a whole Leviathan is a bit better in my opinion. It all kind of goes together. The only complaint I have about it is that all the songs sound very similiar. Blood Mountain on the other hand each song is just so....wow.

Tough decision

I know it's been a while since anyone has posted in this thread, but there are so many good bands in here I wanted to give it a bump.

Porcupine Tree is an amazing band. I really like their latest album, Fear of a Blank Planet. Deadwing is good too. "Arriving Somewhere, But Not Here", "Open Car", and the updated version of "Shesmovedon" are amazing.

Mastodon rule as well! I prefer Blood Mountain to Leviathan. I'm real excited to hear their upcoming album, Crack the Skye.

Mr. Bungle has always been hit or miss for me. I do like their self-titled album. I'm actually rocking some Faith No More on Pandora now. "Zombie Eaters" just came on. Amazing song.

The marketing company I work for is actually doing a campaign for Energizer's involvement with the new Pandora message board. It's a great place to go for music promotions and exclusive content. You can check it out at: www.youcastcorp.com/energizer/pandora. It's always nice to have a place to go to discuss music.