GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Dyne 05-18-2008 02:09 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

I watched both Shoot-em-up and The Rock yesterday on Blu-ray. Both are fantastic movies. I couldn't put a rating to them though.

BreakABone 05-18-2008 02:58 PM

Jason1 05-18-2008 04:09 PM

I saw Ironman yesterday. Not nearly as good as the reviews its been getting. Actually, it was pretty bad.

Teuthida 05-18-2008 09:36 PM

Just saw Renaissance. The style was more Sin City than Sin City was.

Bond 05-18-2008 10:25 PM

My Blueberry Nights with Jude Law, Norah Jones, and Natalie Portman. I'd give it an average rating.

Angrist 05-25-2008 03:58 AM

Paprika. Very pretty and interesting anime movie. 8/10

Also: Spielberg bought the rights to Ghost in the Shell, they'll turn it into a real life action movie. We'll see how it works out. But first there will be Akira next year.

GameMaster 05-25-2008 04:30 AM

I saw Young@Heart with someone today. It's a documentary that follows a group of old people who sing songs that young people listen too.

It was refreshing to get away from the glimmer and gleam of those multi-million dollar, CGI popcorn flicks I'm so accustomed to seeing.

BreakABone 05-25-2008 06:39 AM

Had a SLOW day at work yesterday so.

Die Hard. One of those movies I can watch over and over. So damn awesome.

Prince and Me: A pretty decent romantic comedy. It plays by the rules for the most part. Throws you a loop at the bottom of the 9th but is called out at the last moment.

Shrek the 3rd: Not as good as the first two, but not as awful as people made me believe.

Yeah weekends are sometimes too relaxing here.

KillerGremlin 05-26-2008 10:39 PM

I saw Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull, and What Happens In Vegas Stays In Vegas. Both movies were like 2 or 2.5 star affairs, so not bad.

Vampyr 05-30-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason1 (Post 223368)
I saw Ironman yesterday. Not nearly as good as the reviews its been getting. Actually, it was pretty bad.

I thought it was amazing. :)

Saw Prince Caspian the other day, it wasn't very good, sadly. Also watched Juno for the first time the other night, it was fantastic.

Teuthida 05-31-2008 12:28 AM

How would you compare Prince Caspian to the first movie? Was thinking of going to see it tomorrow.

Vampyr 05-31-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 225475)
How would you compare Prince Caspian to the first movie? Was thinking of going to see it tomorrow.

I really enjoyed he first movie. It told the story very well, had the nostalgia of reading the first book going for it, and had an epic battle. I would have given the first one at 8/10 (the acting wasn't very good).

I'd give Caspian a 5/10 or a 6/10. The acting is even worse, and the story is not told well at all. The only thing it has going for it is the cool battles and visual effects, and the fact that Eddie Izzard is the voice of Reepicheep.

When the movie starts, you think it's going to be good, and it has good potential. But they try to have all these conflicts between the characters, but nothing ever goes anywhere. By the end of the movie, you don't feel like anythin ever really happened.

Dyne 05-31-2008 06:37 PM

I just saw Iron Man, finally. Fuckin' sweet movie. Downey IS tits.

Angrist 05-31-2008 07:00 PM

Just saw Cloverfield. I went in with no expectations at all. It was a pretty cool movie. I should have seen it with my brother, he would have liked it too.
7/10.

BreakABone 05-31-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyne (Post 225563)
I just saw Iron Man, finally. Fuckin' sweet movie. Downey IS tits.

Jeebsus man why the hell are you just now seeing iron man?

Did the high praise this forum give it not enough for you?