GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

uber_paddler 06-30-2008 04:47 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by manasecret (Post 232024)
I got dragged to Get Smart.

I literally slept through the first half of it, and I'm glad I did because it made the torture that much shorter.

Really? I thought it looked like it's pretty funny.

manasecret 06-30-2008 04:55 PM

Sleeping through it was caused by attending a pub crawl an hour before, and by then I was sobering up. And I never like a movie when I'm sobering up, so I wouldn't put any worth into my opinion of Get Smart.

uber_paddler 06-30-2008 05:26 PM

Lol, k then.

Jason1 06-30-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 231972)
I haven't seen a movie in weeks. The last one was Indy 4 and I pretty much hated it. Worse than part 2. That just wasn't Indiana, that was somebody else... This isn't how he has grown old, it can't be!

Comon now Indy 4 wasnt THAT bad...it did have a very different feel from the older flicks, but I was expecting that. I watched it again a second time, and I enjoyed it more than the first time. You just have to take it for what it is, really. The plot is obviously the most "out there" of the 4 films, but if you can live with that the action is absolutley awsome, nobody does action scenes like Spielberg. I really hoping there is one more with Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones.

On a related note, I was reading awhile back about a suppoused leaked script that was rejected by George Lucas. It was written by Frank Darabont (Shawshank Redemption) Suppousedly, the script was similar but had some key notable differences. The main plot was the same, with basically the same ending. It still included the warehouse scene and the jungle action sequence. First difference, Shia Labuff's character was completley absent from Darabonts script. This left much more time for the Indy - Marion relationship to develop. Also, Marion was either allready married or seeing someone, so Indy had to "compete" for her affection. The last difference and most notable to me was that the script paid absolutley no mind to Indy's age. No old jokes, no nothing. There was also another action scene in this script.

Angrist 07-01-2008 06:32 AM

I don't know. Indiana just wasn't the same. The way he enters the movie, bah. Pulled out of the back of a car and thrown onto the ground? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

The storyline could have worked if it wasn't for all the crappy details. Some scenes made me look away in shame.

But maybe it gets better the second time I watch it. If I ever will. ;)

Bube 07-01-2008 11:34 AM

I watched The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou a few days ago. I'd read reviews that said "worst movie ever" and stuff, but I liked it a lot. I'd give it 7,5/10.

I also watched Juno. This one I loved. The movie itself may not be a 9/10, but the emotion, the character development is great. 9/10 :)

Bube 07-01-2008 05:46 PM

Aaaand I just watched School of Rock. Those kids sure know how to play :)

Fox 6 07-01-2008 08:59 PM

Just saw "In Bruges". A darn fine flick-a-rooney.

magus113 07-03-2008 10:18 AM

Saw Wall-E on Sunday.

That was awesome, minus the bullshit article some radicals wrote about it saying it was like "fascist" or some shit.

Here's a link for your face: http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/01/...-hates-wall-e/

BreakABone 07-03-2008 10:46 AM

I watched the Italian Job.
Was a pretty fun movie.
Edward Norton was weird in the role.

Angrist 07-03-2008 10:51 AM

Wasn't there some story that Norton didn't even want to play in the movie but he had some kind of contract which basically made him? I think he had to play in 3 movies of that studio. But he had signed it long before he got famous. I can't say I feel sorry for him. :D

Fox 6 07-03-2008 02:49 PM

I just saw Hancock last night. It was alright, coulde have been way better. Just barely worth the price of admission.

Dyne 07-03-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magus113 (Post 232496)
Saw Wall-E on Sunday.

That was awesome, minus the bullshit article some radicals wrote about it saying it was like "fascist" or some shit.

Here's a link for your face: http://thinkprogress.org/2008/07/01/...-hates-wall-e/

Wall-E was amazing.

I think there was meant to be a LOT of symbolism, especially since it was a mostly dialog-less movie. Especially HAL / The emperor's "force shock" attack / tons of others. I wish I could see a list of all the references.

flunkie44 07-03-2008 03:24 PM

Everyone needs to go find Lone Star State of Mind.

Most hilarious movie ever.

GameMaster 07-03-2008 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flunkie44 (Post 232538)
Everyone needs to go find Lone Star State of Mind.

Most hilarious movie ever.

Joshua Jackson does have a way of lighting up the screen, doesn't he? :D