GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Parents (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4607)

Xantar 02-03-2003 09:27 PM

Andromida, I'm not the moderator here anymore, but I just have to butt in.

During my year or so moderating this forum, I came to realize that it is acceptable for some people to talk about their personal life. This is usually because those people don't talk about their personal life much anyway. Most of us will happily listen to BigJustinW complaining about his romantic life (just to pick a name at random) because for the most part, we don't even know whether he has a girlfriend right now.

And then there have been some people about whose personal life we have just learned more than we want. I won't name anybody this time, but I'm afraid you've become one of them. Is this fair to you? Maybe not. But it's the reality, and the staff can only do so much to help you even if they're inclined to do so. The rest is up to you.

I'm going to give you the advice that I gave to a few other people: don't say another word about your personal life. As a moderator, I could reprimand people for flaming, but I couldn't stop them from getting annoyed. If you really want to unload on somebody, you could always find another forum. As it is right now, though, you're not going to get any bit of satisfaction out of talking about these things here.

Not another word. Don't even talk about your aunts and uncles and cousins. Change to another subject. It's for your own good.

Shiz 02-03-2003 10:39 PM

Amen Xantar.

Happydude 02-03-2003 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xantar
Andromida, I'm not the moderator here anymore, but I just have to butt in.

During my year or so moderating this forum, I came to realize that it is acceptable for some people to talk about their personal life. This is usually because those people don't talk about their personal life much anyway. Most of us will happily listen to BigJustinW complaining about his romantic life (just to pick a name at random) because for the most part, we don't even know whether he has a girlfriend right now.

And then there have been some people about whose personal life we have just learned more than we want. I won't name anybody this time, but I'm afraid you've become one of them. Is this fair to you? Maybe not. But it's the reality, and the staff can only do so much to help you even if they're inclined to do so. The rest is up to you.

I'm going to give you the advice that I gave to a few other people: don't say another word about your personal life. As a moderator, I could reprimand people for flaming, but I couldn't stop them from getting annoyed. If you really want to unload on somebody, you could always find another forum. As it is right now, though, you're not going to get any bit of satisfaction out of talking about these things here.

Not another word. Don't even talk about your aunts and uncles and cousins. Change to another subject. It's for your own good.

uhhh....what he said :sneaky:

Yoda9864 02-04-2003 12:12 AM

What Xantar said may be true, but who the hell cares. If you see that a certain topic is about someone's personal life, and you don't like it, just ignore it. You don't have to read and reply to every topic posted on this board. Sure, you can not like it, but you don't have to reply to hte thread and be an azz about it. It's not too hard to not click on the thread.

That way, the people that would like to discuss hte topic are able to do so without having some people be all stupid about it. Everyone is happy.

Andromida_ 02-04-2003 07:13 PM

You know what,
GOOD BYE!

I know now why the he!! I left!

bobcat 02-04-2003 07:32 PM

Maybe she needs to talk someone, which is what she is trying to do now. :unsure:

Jason1 02-17-2003 09:04 PM

She should probably now just go quietly to Gametavern hell with shooter...where you live happily everafter! or something

O.o
o.O

Joeiss 02-17-2003 09:11 PM

I think Andromida is either a crazy bitch, or it is just that time of month again.

DimHalo 02-17-2003 11:10 PM

To Andromida,
If you've got personal problems that you want to talk to someone about GT is definately NOT the place to go. The people here could probably really care less about your dating problems unless it involves something juicy they can "gossip" about (whatever the appropriate word should be). If you want to vent about something, go ahead...it is a general forum. But don't get so pissed off when someone says something you don't like. That is what you get when you spill your personal crap out in front of a bunch of strangers that would really prefer to be talking about games, war, or jokes (i know there are other things, i am simplifying). If you can't handle the rude comments, then just go somewhere else and stop sulking about it here.

Cyrax9 02-18-2003 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gekko
Why not go out with Firehose?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!

ROFLMAO, man gekko THAT is a name I haven't heard in YEARS!

I forgot about you and your jokes with "Old Firehose", whatever happened to him?

I know you two wanted to kill each other but I never got the gory details, all I know is you and Cam need to start something again, but Man, seening than name "Firehose" brought back memories my good buddy!

You're damn funny! Oh and Andromeda, a word to the wise, these guys arent the ones you want to dump on, if you need to talk to me, fine, but avoid these guys, they dont' wanna hear it, especially Gekko.

Oh and Xanny, howabout some Darwin's I'm getting impatient waiting for good ones to show up.