GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

GameMaster 01-08-2009 11:06 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin (Post 243245)
I haven't gathered the patience to sit through Benjamin Button yet, so yeah. 3 hours...fuckkkkkkkk that.

Its actually real good. And the women opposite Brad Pitt is quite alluring. 9/10

Marley and Me 8/10 Good movie. But if you own or have ever owned a dog, this movie will bring even the toughest man to tears. I suggest seeing this alone so no one can see you cry.

The only thing that bothered me was that Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson are basically playing themselves. Neither one does anything to change their appearance. Jennifer still looks like Rachael from Friends. And Owen bears the same shaggy hair he has for every movie.

Teuthida 01-09-2009 11:30 PM

The Wrestler

Good movie but it depressed the hell out of me. I guess it wouldn't be an Aronofsky film if it didn't.

The Germanator 01-10-2009 12:51 AM

I saw Milk today. Very good. I didn't know much about the whole story so it was interesting to learn. Acting was good too. I saw it with my mom who lived in San Fran during that era...A very interesting time

Swan 01-10-2009 03:41 PM

Flight of the Living Dead

Your typical low budget zombie movie. Fun to pick-a-part

Bond 01-15-2009 12:24 AM

Slumdog Millionaire. 9/10.

Bloody brilliant.

BreakABone 01-15-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 243290)

Don't forget Seat Zombie.

The most terrifying Zombie who can't get out of his seat. :lolz:

Krypton 01-15-2009 09:10 PM

my best friend's girl.
pretty decent movie, i found it to be quite funny.

GameMaster 01-15-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 243290)

Playing at Sundance this year:

Angrist 01-16-2009 09:34 AM

Invasion of the Body Snatchers. 8/10

I always thought I had seen this movie, but I guess that was just some parts of it. Or I was too young to remember.

Great movie, superb ending. I was actually anticipating the last 10 throughout the whole movie... and it didn't disappoint, I laughed out loud. :)

Angrist 01-19-2009 11:48 AM

I watched some movies I had previously seen.

Titanic 8/10
I remember how shocking it first was to see people fall to their death. Maybe it was because I was younger, maybe because the times have changed.

The Bourne Supremecy & The Bourne Ultimatum
I decided not to see Identity again, because I had already seen it 3 or 4 times, and it's not a movie that will never bore you. Ultimatum was really good, although the story really started to repeat itself (Bourne wants revenge and his memory back). Supremecy was good, but a bit stuck between Identity and Ultimatum. It lacked the clever tricks of Ult. and the cool action of Ide.
Oh and the ending of Ultimatum is absolutely genious. Makes me laugh every time.

Szymon 01-20-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameMaster (Post 243252)
Its actually real good. And the women opposite Brad Pitt is quite alluring. 9/10

Marley and Me 8/10 Good movie. But if you own or have ever owned a dog, this movie will bring even the toughest man to tears. I suggest seeing this alone so no one can see you cry.

The only thing that bothered me was that Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson are basically playing themselves. Neither one does anything to change their appearance. Jennifer still looks like Rachael from Friends. And Owen bears the same shaggy hair he has for every movie.

I think I might have already seen this movie before.

Krypton 01-20-2009 08:53 PM

i saw Notorious today, and boy oh boy, there were some mistakes and just overall unappealing parts to the movie. Biggie is one of my favorite rappers, and i don't think this movie portrayed it THAT well.

Teuthida 01-21-2009 04:44 AM

Aw, that's a shame. Was hoping it was going to be good. I got into rap through Biggie about a year or two before he was killed. Damn, can't believe I'm the same age as him now.

Nighthawk 01-21-2009 07:23 AM

Pathfinder

bad...

very bad...

Krypton 01-21-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida (Post 243715)
Aw, that's a shame. Was hoping it was going to be good. I got into rap through Biggie about a year or two before he was killed. Damn, can't believe I'm the same age as him now.

well, i'd still give it a shot. i don't know if what i said really had an effect on whether you'd see it or not, i just thought it was kind of garbage. i think it could've been put together a little better than it was. i mean, for it being based back in the early to mid nineties, it sure as hell had a lot of aspects from later years (2008); cars, clothes, etc. like i was saying to earl last night, it just seemed too far-fetched to possibly be real, i mean for being what some call "the greatest rapper of all time", the least they could have done was make a half-way decent movie about the guy. i love biggie, but this movie was an ill-made portrait of his life.