GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   All Good Things (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22042)

Neo 01-26-2012 10:20 AM

Re: All Good Things

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepnut (Post 281018)
Thanks for evrything Neo. It was always great to know that this site was still here whenever I remembered it existed on about a twice yearly basis.

It's been fun.

In other news, I just want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that I am the undisputed King of the Arcade, and not to forget that. Even though a new arcade with new games is somewhere on the horizon, I will forever be burned into the annals of time as an unstoppable force of unparalleled magnitude whose gaming genius knows no equal. In all of recorded (GameTavern) history, there has never been a more dominant competitor whose name instills terror most true in the hearts of users.

I unabashedly acknowledge that a few records do exist, such as Professor S's curveball high score, that have yet to bow before the unsurpassed brilliance of my mere presence. But rest assured the empire that is my collection of high scores will spread to all corners of the arcade and envelope all that stand in its way.

Now if you'll excuse me, destiny calls.

ZebraRampage 01-29-2012 10:57 PM

I would also like to say thanks Neo for the time and money you've put into this forum. I've been here for 10.5 years now, which is hard to believe.

I have never been one to post very often, but I do come to the site a few days during the week and check out what everyone's talking about. I suppose I should try to post more, but I always found that if I had something to say then I'd say it. I'm kind of interested in having a bigger role with the forum, and maybe that would get me more involved, so keep that in mind Vampyr when you're making all of your changes.

Oh also, whatever happened to GameMaster?

Ginkasa 01-30-2012 01:25 AM

He hasn't posted for nearly three years. Its kind of scary when someone just disappears like that on the internet since you can't just call them up and make sure they're not dead or something.

TheSlyMoogle 01-30-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo (Post 281118)
It's been fun.

In other news, I just want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that I am the undisputed King of the Arcade, and not to forget that. Even though a new arcade with new games is somewhere on the horizon, I will forever be burned into the annals of time as an unstoppable force of unparalleled magnitude whose gaming genius knows no equal. In all of recorded (GameTavern) history, there has never been a more dominant competitor whose name instills terror most true in the hearts of users.

I unabashedly acknowledge that a few records do exist, such as Professor S's curveball high score, that have yet to bow before the unsurpassed brilliance of my mere presence. But rest assured the empire that is my collection of high scores will spread to all corners of the arcade and envelope all that stand in its way.

Now if you'll excuse me, destiny calls.

I completely forgot about the arcade... A long time ago.

Angrist 01-30-2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa (Post 281186)
He hasn't posted for nearly three years. Its kind of scary when someone just disappears like that on the internet since you can't just call them up and make sure they're not dead or something.

Didn't he get mad when someone found his website which contained almost his whole personal life? I think that's when he left.

I think he lurks the forums. And I still think he might be behind the funny spam bots.

BreakABone 01-30-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSlyMoogle (Post 281190)
I completely forgot about the arcade... A long time ago.

If the arcade supported mobile support, I can see people using it more.

Ginkasa 01-30-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 281191)
Didn't he get mad when someone found his website which contained almost his whole personal life? I think that's when he left.

I think he lurks the forums. And I still think he might be behind the funny spam bots.

That's odd, because he seemed pretty liberal with the use of other people's personal info. He typically referred to me by my full, real name (not that it was a secret or anything; it was just odd).

Typhoid 01-30-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginkasa (Post 281208)
That's odd, because he seemed pretty liberal with the use of other people's personal info. He typically referred to me by my full, real name (not that it was a secret or anything; it was just odd).

That's what makes me think he was just either A) 5-7 years ahead on the 'trolling the internet' curve B) Just a weird dude who never took the internet too seriously.

Bond 01-30-2012 08:57 PM

Or he killed himself ... I think suicide has to be at least one of many possible explanations.

TheSlyMoogle 01-31-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bond (Post 281214)
Or he killed himself ... I think suicide has to be at least one of many possible explanations.

Straight Truth. I bet he offed himself.

Combine 017 01-31-2012 03:55 AM

He sent me a PM about a year ago in response to a drunk thread, so he must still be lurking around somewhere.

Bond 01-31-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Combine 017 (Post 281218)
He sent me a PM about a year ago in response to a drunk thread, so he must still be lurking around somewhere.

Post screenshot of said PM?

Combine 017 01-31-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bond (Post 281241)
Post screenshot of said PM?

I dont know what it means, I think its a bunch of lottery numbers? :P

Bond 01-31-2012 08:09 PM

Isn't that a Xbox 360 code at the end?

Combine 017 01-31-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bond (Post 281247)
Isn't that a Xbox 360 code at the end?

Thats what I thought when I looked at it last night and I tried entering it, Xbox codes are 5 digits each, that one is 6. :p