GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Seth 10-04-2009 02:20 PM

Re: Last movies you saw

La Haine - 1995 Vincent Cassel n crew as hoods in Paris following a police brutality induced riot. It was entertaining enough.

doberman - 1997 V.C. again in a rather bad B action exploit. Monica Belucci plays the mute chica to Vince's gangster role. If you want pointlessness to drive you for a while watch this.

Sword of doom - 1966 Kihachi Okamoto Rather bleak chop film. Follows an evil protagonist, high body count. The sword action isn't the best, good film though. Style!

BreakABone 10-06-2009 01:45 PM

Sllumdog Millionaire- Really good movie, much better than the Wrestler... but what the hell with the random dance number at the end?

Bond 10-06-2009 01:56 PM

Bollywood tradition.

Swan 10-06-2009 10:39 PM

Dance number was great.

Lets see, Saw Zombieland on the weekend. Rather fun.

Saw Pi last week sometime. It was good, but I will need to rewatch.

And saw Audition on the weekend. Love Miike's stuff

Angrist 10-07-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 258350)
Sllumdog Millionaire- Really good movie, much better than the Wrestler... but what the hell with the random dance number at the end?

Best part of the movie. :D Well not really, but it still was great.

Vampyr 10-07-2009 07:54 AM

Zombieland.

It was awesome.

Teuthida 10-11-2009 12:34 AM

Sleeping Beauty

Oozing with style. Such a pretty film. The story is pretty bland but the great animation and backgrounds help make up for it. And Maleficent is hot.

:stud:

Need to catch up on other Disney animated films I haven't seen in their entirety.

Teuthida 10-11-2009 05:38 PM

Atlantis: The Lost Empire

I really liked it. Non-stop action, great characters, and it had a Mike Mignola feel to the designs. I didn't notice until 3/4 of the way in that it was completely without any musical numbers. And it guest stared a certain losing monster from our Monster Wars.

Teuthida 10-11-2009 11:22 PM

Treasure Planet

I'm not familiar with Treasure Island but I quite enjoyed Silver's portrayal in this movie. Definitely the most three dimensional character. Animation-wise I preferred the hard-edged characters in Atlantis. The characters and shading were a bit too soft for my liking. The doc was animated particularly well though. And the few running scenes where the camera was directly behind or in front were impressive. Martin Short's character was painfully annoying, but thankfully didn't receive too much screen time.

On to the next Disney film!

Angrist 10-12-2009 06:39 AM

Yay, watching Disney films you never saw is fun. :)

Mongol. 8/10.
Story about the beginning of Genghis Khan's life. Supposed to be the first one of a trilogy, so it doesn't cover the battles outside of Mongolia.
Watch it in Mongolian with subtitles.

Edit: I thought this girl was gorgeous.

Oh yeah:
Identity (again). 9/10 (up from 8/10).
Great movie, nice even when you've already seen it (and know the clue).

Teuthida 10-13-2009 02:00 AM

The Black Cauldron

Rescuing princess? check
Master Sword? check
Breaking pots? check
Evil wizard? check
Fairies? check
Traveling through woods and dungeons? check
Trading with witches? check
Skeleton warriors? check

The two main characters seem like prototypes for Link and Zelda.

Pretty dark for a Disney movie.

Teuthida 10-14-2009 12:58 AM

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

So very very pretty. Especially this scene:

I was beginning to think no Disney movies had shading on the characters after the couple of movies I just saw. Though if you notice the people in the background, they're some sad dancing CGI. Impressive for '96 I suppose...and the confetti hides them...confetti!

Angrist 10-14-2009 05:41 AM

I started watching Akira, but I fell asleep. (Well, almost. I still was awake enough to turn the movie off and crawl into bed.)

I'll finish it later.

BreakABone 10-14-2009 02:27 PM

Lethal Weapon 1-4

If I had to judge, I would say they go in order of quality, though 1 and 2 are really close, and 3 is pretty good, but has some problems.

4 isn't bad, but it just wears thin with Chris Rock and Joe Pesci playing loudmouths.

Watched it over the past week, first time seeing them all fully.

Teuthida 10-15-2009 11:34 AM

Took a break from Disney to watch Pumpkinhead for a weekly sketch group. Meh movie. Awesome monster.

Had to draw either Pumpkinhead, a werewolf, or Elvira.