GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Movies & Television (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Last movies you saw (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17099)

Bube 11-27-2007 07:59 AM

Re: Last movies you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angrist (Post 214897)
Hehe, I love that movie as well. Bube, do you know Garden State and Im Juli? I also love those, they're pretty much the same genre. Im Juli is a German movie from a Turkish director, so I bet you know it.

I've watched Garden State as well, and I like it very much. I've heard of Im Juli, my roommates were watching it some time ago but I never watched it.. Didn't know it was the same kind..

Acebot44 12-01-2007 11:26 PM

Saw Juno Thursday night.

Wow, fantastic for sure. People have been saying that its oscar worthy and its nice to see that cute films like Juno and Little Miss Sunshine are getting props lately.

Storm Eagle 12-02-2007 09:06 AM

In theaters: Transformers

On video: Home Alone

Typhoid 12-02-2007 11:39 AM

I watched Fido last night.

It's a movie set in the stereotypical movie-esque suburban 50's, where Zombies have come back to life, and they use them as slaves. It's a comedy, and it's actually really funny. I'd recommend it if you ever get the chance.

After that we watched Sicko. That movie sucked. Granted I was drinking, but it was about two and a half hours too long.

Angrist 12-02-2007 11:53 AM

Idiocracy 7/10

Quite funny movie about a guy who's frozen for 500 and then awakes in a world that hasn't become smarter, but much dumber.

Angrist 12-08-2007 03:48 PM

Munich 8/10
Magnolia 7/10
Conspiracy Theory 8/10 (Bube, you might like this one as well)

Dyne 12-08-2007 07:50 PM

Oh good - I just wrote this review right now. Might as well post it here.

The Mist - 1/2 / 10.

Terrible acting - terrible delivery of mediocre lines. Unrealistic plot themed loosely threaded on survival but ends up feeling much too character-oriented, and the characters were too weak.

The special effects could be called decent - they would have fared better 10 years ago. However, that is considering if Starship Troopers hadn't come out.

I was disgusted at the end of the movie. Frank Darabont, you're a terrible person. Dimension Films is also a terrible company for stepping in - Darabont was trying to sell this movie, and specifically this ending, for 10 long years. There's a reason nobody else wanted it, Dimension. It's because it personally went and broke every fucking bee's knee from here to Gibraltar.

Fox 6 12-08-2007 08:34 PM

Superbad. Fucking hilarious, Nuff said

BreakABone 12-08-2007 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox 6 (Post 215133)
Superbad. Fucking hilarious, Nuff said

That's not enough.
Recommend everyone on this forum to go see it. :D

Best comedy in a long time.

manasecret 12-08-2007 10:00 PM

The movie Bug -- at the ending, everything that is brought up during the plot of the movie is given absolutely zero explanation. There I said it. I hope it spoils it for everyone so no one goes and wastes their time seeing it. Hated it.

The Germanator 12-09-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyne (Post 215132)
Oh good - I just wrote this review right now. Might as well post it here.

The Mist - 1/2 / 10.

Terrible acting - terrible delivery of mediocre lines. Unrealistic plot themed loosely threaded on survival but ends up feeling much too character-oriented, and the characters were too weak.

The special effects could be called decent - they would have fared better 10 years ago. However, that is considering if Starship Troopers hadn't come out.

I was disgusted at the end of the movie. Frank Darabont, you're a terrible person. Dimension Films is also a terrible company for stepping in - Darabont was trying to sell this movie, and specifically this ending, for 10 long years. There's a reason nobody else wanted it, Dimension. It's because it personally went and broke every fucking bee's knee from here to Gibraltar.

Damn, I really wanted to see this too...I read the Stephen King story a long time ago and I loved it so I was excited for this...I guess I shouldn't be anymore.

GameMaster 12-09-2007 02:46 AM

Austin Powers: Goldmember

What happened to Felicity Shagwell? She's there at the end of the second film but just disappears without explanation in the third one. They didn't even write her off as a Fembot.

Swan 12-09-2007 09:04 PM

Superbad last night with Foxxy.

Bloody awesome.

It's soccer. It's soccer

Fox 6 12-10-2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swan (Post 215150)
Superbad last night with Foxxy.

Bloody awesome.

It's soccer. It's soccer