GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Parents (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4607)

Andromida_ 02-01-2003 03:30 PM

Parents

My Parents are so confusing... here's the story

I was all ready to break up with my boyfriend for someone else this week. The only problem is, he's 18 and a senior, his name is Shawn. My parents knew that Greg was getting on my nerves and said that they would never let me go out with Shawn because he was too old (even though they let me date a sr. last year when I was 15 :-/) ok I guess that makes sense.
Anyway I broke up with Greg, when my mom found out she didn't say anything but "so, Who's next on your list to date". I said the only person I would look to date would be someone that she didn't approve of so I didn't really think much about it (even though in my mind I was thinking about him all the time, and didn't care what my parents thought, hehe evil me)
Well I went to the mall last night for dinner with my best friend, and Shawn was there! I told him I liked him a lot, and asked him about his feelings for me. Even though he didn't say anything, his friend said that he just wanted me. So later on in the night we started holding hands.
When I got home, my mom asked how everything went, and I said REALLY WELL. So of course she wanted to know what went on. As I walked away my friend told her everything. She asked me if we kissed, and when I said no she said damn. LIKE SHE WANTED US TOO!

So I guess she wants me to go out with him, but yet I don't know.
:-D

DeathsHand 02-01-2003 03:37 PM

I'm sorry, but I stopped paying attention to your boyfriend troubles once you were on your fortieth or so...

Bond 02-01-2003 03:39 PM

Re: Parents

Quote:

Originally posted by Andromida_

I was all ready to break up with my boyfriend for someone else this week. The only problem is, he's 18 and a senior, his name is Shawn. My parents knew that Greg was getting on my nerves and said that they would never let me go out with Shawn because he was too old (even though they let me date a sr. last year when I was 15 :-/) ok I guess that makes sense.
Anyway I broke up with Greg, when my mom found out she didn't say anything but "so, Who's next on your list to date". I said the only person I would look to date would be someone that she didn't approve of so I didn't really think much about it (even though in my mind I was thinking about him all the time, and didn't care what my parents thought, hehe evil me)
Well I went to the mall last night for dinner with my best friend, and Shawn was there! I told him I liked him a lot, and asked him about his feelings for me. Even though he didn't say anything, his friend said that he just wanted me. So later on in the night we started holding hands.
When I got home, my mom asked how everything went, and I said REALLY WELL. So of course she wanted to know what went on. As I walked away my friend told her everything. She asked me if we kissed, and when I said no she said damn. LIKE SHE WANTED US TOO!

I thought you left... :confused:

GameMaster 02-01-2003 03:51 PM

Next thing you know she'll be giving you protection to use. ;)

How's Shooter these days? :D

Jason1 02-01-2003 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GameMaster
Next thing you know she'll be giving you protection to use. ;)

How's Shooter these days? :D

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

SHOOTER!!!!! Good one GM!

BlueFire 02-01-2003 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DeathsHand
I'm sorry, but I stopped paying attention to your boyfriend troubles once you were on your fortieth or so...
Ditto. >_>

gekko 02-01-2003 04:15 PM

Why not go out with Firehose? He's only what? 12? Should get approval.

Andromida_ 02-01-2003 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gekko
Why not go out with Firehose? He's only what? 12? Should get approval.
Don't date younger. :-p

Perfect Stu 02-01-2003 06:29 PM

Re: Parents

Quote:

make it stop.

no more pain is needed.

make. it. stop.

BreakABone 02-01-2003 06:41 PM

Re: Re: Parents

Quote:

Originally posted by Perfect Stu
make it stop.

no more pain is needed.

make. it. stop.

Stu, we here at the forums all feel your pain, the only thing worse is if Shooter himself rises from that gay bar and starts to post here again and they begin to fight each other again and the "Young and the Hopeless" continues on. Can we have a closed thread on aisle 7?

gekko 02-01-2003 07:06 PM

Sorry, no Janitors on duty.

Ravishing Rick Rude 02-01-2003 07:51 PM

Quote:

Don't date younger. :-p
Heh, that tells me alot about you :P * cough* slank *cough*

*edit* and from what i remember of pictures of you that you posted ages ago, you aren't that much of a bloody prize.

So whoever this senior is, is either well.....stupid. Drunk, that kid with the mullet who was asking for a Girl Friend.

In any event, * shudders* for god sakes, no one cares about your life.

fingersman 02-01-2003 08:03 PM

Geeeeeeezz how much damn boyfriends did you have? Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaa talk about unable to make up your mind. I wonder how long this one will last. :rolleyes:

Happydude 02-02-2003 01:48 PM

:lol:

you are all so cruel...meh...whatever...good luck on this one...ill make your brake up thread in advance...

Perfect Stu 02-02-2003 02:06 PM

This reminds me of my family's Camry, especially when I started driving. It's been around the block a few times.

Andromida_ 02-02-2003 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by happydude666
:lol:

you are all so cruel...meh...whatever...good luck on this one...ill make your brake up thread in advance...

Thank you!

Jason1 02-02-2003 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ravishing Rick Rude

*edit* and from what i remember of pictures of you that you posted ages ago, you aren't that much of a bloody prize.

So whoever this senior is, is either well.....stupid. Drunk, that kid with the mullet who was asking for a Girl Friend.

LMAO! I dont really approve of constant bashing on the forums, but that post just has to be commended!

Yoda9864 02-02-2003 08:24 PM

Quote:

You don't have to be such a d*ck about it. This is a general forum, who cares what people post.

Andromida_ 02-02-2003 09:16 PM

Quote:

That's a great user name, considering it fits you quite nicely.
RUDE Rick....

Don't be an azz!

GameMaster 02-02-2003 09:28 PM

Quote:

That's a great user name, considering it fits you quite nicely.
RUDE Rick....

Don't be an azz!

Just ignore him. He's just bitter because his site isn't as active. Or for that matter, in existance? :D

Ravishing Rick Rude 02-02-2003 09:40 PM

Quote:

Just ignore him. He's just bitter because his site isn't as active. Or for that matter, in existance? :D

*cough* forums.gamesquad.net *cough*

still active, and actually, we are about to Merge with N-sider......so :)

GameMaster 02-02-2003 09:44 PM

So why do you still float around here?

Ravishing Rick Rude 02-02-2003 09:46 PM

Quote:

So why do you still float around here?
Because i was here long before you? I can , i wish to, simply put.

Xantar 02-02-2003 10:17 PM

Careful there, Marc. GameMaster might drag you into an argument that makes one or both of you look pretty silly.

Of course, if you don't care, then go right ahead and respond to him. I'll be reading the entire time. :D

Andromida_ 02-03-2003 06:25 PM

Quote:

Because i was here long before you? I can , i wish to, simply put.
What if your not wanted?

Rick the dick... hey I like that one

Ravishing Rick Rude 02-03-2003 09:00 PM

Quote:

What if your not wanted?

if i gave two ****s about your opinion, i wouldn't have said anything about you.

And maybe you shoudl think that no one wants to hear your goddamn Boyfriend troubles...

Andromida_ 02-03-2003 09:11 PM

Quote:

if i gave two ****s about your opinion, i wouldn't have said anything about you.

And maybe you shoudl think that no one wants to hear your goddamn Boyfriend troubles...

Too bad I wasn't talking about my "boyfriend troubles" I was talking about how stupid my parents are.
quoting the post subject PARENTS
Lay off the stupid balsting Dick and maybe I won't chew you a new azzhole with mine. Trust me I can get pretty mad, just ask anyone that knows about what happened between me a gekko and Shooter

Perfect Stu 02-03-2003 09:12 PM

Quote:

What if your not wanted?

Wow, how original...

Don't think too hard, you may lose one of your brain cells, which in your case must be hard to come by.

Bond 02-03-2003 09:13 PM

*singing*
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, the wheels on the bus go round and round... and then they get used.
*end singing*

Erm, don't mind me, I enjoy singing.

Honestly.

Ravishing Rick Rude 02-03-2003 09:19 PM

Quote:

Too bad I wasn't talking about my "boyfriend troubles" I was talking about how stupid my parents are.
quoting the post subject PARENTS
Lay off the stupid balsting Dick and maybe I won't chew you a new azzhole with mine. Trust me I can get pretty mad, just ask anyone that knows about what happened between me a gekko and Shooter

Yea, please, rip me a new 'azzhole' with your tounge of steel, yea, what happened with you and gekko? you made a dumbass comment, he shot you down faster than firehose looking for a prom date.

You held hands with a senior? Tell me how that isn't talking about your "guy" situation, please, you talked about it, and only said once that your mom was confusing, and even then, it probably didn't warrant a topic about it.

Close this awful bloody thread.

Xantar 02-03-2003 09:27 PM

Andromida, I'm not the moderator here anymore, but I just have to butt in.

During my year or so moderating this forum, I came to realize that it is acceptable for some people to talk about their personal life. This is usually because those people don't talk about their personal life much anyway. Most of us will happily listen to BigJustinW complaining about his romantic life (just to pick a name at random) because for the most part, we don't even know whether he has a girlfriend right now.

And then there have been some people about whose personal life we have just learned more than we want. I won't name anybody this time, but I'm afraid you've become one of them. Is this fair to you? Maybe not. But it's the reality, and the staff can only do so much to help you even if they're inclined to do so. The rest is up to you.

I'm going to give you the advice that I gave to a few other people: don't say another word about your personal life. As a moderator, I could reprimand people for flaming, but I couldn't stop them from getting annoyed. If you really want to unload on somebody, you could always find another forum. As it is right now, though, you're not going to get any bit of satisfaction out of talking about these things here.

Not another word. Don't even talk about your aunts and uncles and cousins. Change to another subject. It's for your own good.

Shiz 02-03-2003 10:39 PM

Amen Xantar.

Happydude 02-03-2003 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xantar
Andromida, I'm not the moderator here anymore, but I just have to butt in.

During my year or so moderating this forum, I came to realize that it is acceptable for some people to talk about their personal life. This is usually because those people don't talk about their personal life much anyway. Most of us will happily listen to BigJustinW complaining about his romantic life (just to pick a name at random) because for the most part, we don't even know whether he has a girlfriend right now.

And then there have been some people about whose personal life we have just learned more than we want. I won't name anybody this time, but I'm afraid you've become one of them. Is this fair to you? Maybe not. But it's the reality, and the staff can only do so much to help you even if they're inclined to do so. The rest is up to you.

I'm going to give you the advice that I gave to a few other people: don't say another word about your personal life. As a moderator, I could reprimand people for flaming, but I couldn't stop them from getting annoyed. If you really want to unload on somebody, you could always find another forum. As it is right now, though, you're not going to get any bit of satisfaction out of talking about these things here.

Not another word. Don't even talk about your aunts and uncles and cousins. Change to another subject. It's for your own good.

uhhh....what he said :sneaky:

Yoda9864 02-04-2003 12:12 AM

What Xantar said may be true, but who the hell cares. If you see that a certain topic is about someone's personal life, and you don't like it, just ignore it. You don't have to read and reply to every topic posted on this board. Sure, you can not like it, but you don't have to reply to hte thread and be an azz about it. It's not too hard to not click on the thread.

That way, the people that would like to discuss hte topic are able to do so without having some people be all stupid about it. Everyone is happy.

Andromida_ 02-04-2003 07:13 PM

You know what,
GOOD BYE!

I know now why the he!! I left!

bobcat 02-04-2003 07:32 PM

Maybe she needs to talk someone, which is what she is trying to do now. :unsure:

Jason1 02-17-2003 09:04 PM

She should probably now just go quietly to Gametavern hell with shooter...where you live happily everafter! or something

O.o
o.O

Joeiss 02-17-2003 09:11 PM

I think Andromida is either a crazy bitch, or it is just that time of month again.

DimHalo 02-17-2003 11:10 PM

To Andromida,
If you've got personal problems that you want to talk to someone about GT is definately NOT the place to go. The people here could probably really care less about your dating problems unless it involves something juicy they can "gossip" about (whatever the appropriate word should be). If you want to vent about something, go ahead...it is a general forum. But don't get so pissed off when someone says something you don't like. That is what you get when you spill your personal crap out in front of a bunch of strangers that would really prefer to be talking about games, war, or jokes (i know there are other things, i am simplifying). If you can't handle the rude comments, then just go somewhere else and stop sulking about it here.

Cyrax9 02-18-2003 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by gekko
Why not go out with Firehose?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!

ROFLMAO, man gekko THAT is a name I haven't heard in YEARS!

I forgot about you and your jokes with "Old Firehose", whatever happened to him?

I know you two wanted to kill each other but I never got the gory details, all I know is you and Cam need to start something again, but Man, seening than name "Firehose" brought back memories my good buddy!

You're damn funny! Oh and Andromeda, a word to the wise, these guys arent the ones you want to dump on, if you need to talk to me, fine, but avoid these guys, they dont' wanna hear it, especially Gekko.

Oh and Xanny, howabout some Darwin's I'm getting impatient waiting for good ones to show up.