GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: STEELERS (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14424)

MuGen 02-06-2006 10:31 AM

SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: STEELERS

I can't believe there is not a single thread about this yet. The Steelers won the superbowl and the bus can now retire happy.

What are your guys thoughts on the game?

Fox 6 02-06-2006 12:26 PM

Re: SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: STEELERS

I can't believe there was no betting event for the game. oh well.

Krypton 02-06-2006 03:13 PM

ooooooooooooo yeah.

what a great pass to Hines Ward from Randel El.

GameMaster 02-06-2006 03:38 PM

The commercials, Duke! The commercials!

Professor S 02-06-2006 04:14 PM

Honestly, the Seahawks were robbed by the officials. Hasselbeck gets a blocking below the waist penalty on a tackle after an interception? Children's referees don't make horrific calls like that.

Teuthida 02-06-2006 04:15 PM

So that was yesterday huh? Completely slipped my mind.

Krypton 02-06-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teuthida
So that was yesterday huh? Completely slipped my mind.

i really hope you're being sarcastic... :confused:

Bube 02-06-2006 04:31 PM

That, as well as:
1. Jackson's perfectly clean TD in the first quarter, which was called off because of a so-called "pass interference"
2.Roethlisberger's TD that didn't cross the line. Which he carried in himself after downing. I can't believe the officials didn't call it off even after they watched it again.

Seattle should have, and would have, won.

Professor S 02-06-2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bube
That, as well as:
1. Jackson's perfectly clean TD in the first quarter, which was called off because of a so-called "pass interference"
2.Roethlisberger's TD that didn't cross the line. Which he carried in himself after downing. I can't believe the officials didn't call it off even after they watched it again.

I know. Anyone believe now that the NFL fixes games? Hmmmm? The fix... is in...

cubeman420 02-06-2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

That, as well as:

Come on now,

Darrell Jackson clearly pushed off when he caught that pass, I mean it is crystal clear. I can understand your gripe about the Roethlisberger TD, but it was still a very, very close call that could have went either way and well, I guess it's good for me that it went the way it did.

Bube 02-06-2006 04:58 PM

I'm pretty sure I watched the game unbiased, I don't support either team, no bets or anything. I was just watching to see some good football.

That really wasn't a push to take an advantage. The defender looked like he was going to step back, and with the arm thrust, he did. I mean, if a 200 pound guy gets pushed back by something that small, he shouldn't be playing this game.

Just my opinion. Congratulations to the winners, what can I say? El's pass was great, I must add.

Typhoid 02-06-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor S
Honestly, the Seahawks were robbed by the officials. Hasselbeck gets a blocking below the waist penalty on a tackle after an interception? Children's referees don't make horrific calls like that.

And what about the touchdown the Steelers got that wasnt even over the line?
They even reviewed it and still called it a touchdown.
That game was complete and utter male cow turds.

Perfect Stu 02-06-2006 06:04 PM

For the record, I was cheering (sorta...i really didnt care much who won, sorta the theme of SuperBowl XL) for the STEELERS.

But that was definatey BY FAR the crappiest SuperBowl Ive ever seen...the only playoff games i remember that would compare would be NFC wildcard games of recent years.

You could tell from the beginning of the pregame that the Steelers were going to win, regardless of who was the better team. The crowd were waving the terrible towels, Franco Harris and Lynn Swan were cheered more than the other SBMVPs, everyone was picking the Steelers. The Seahawks even had BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY as their entrance music...you just knew that there was no way they were going to win...and there really wasnt. They won the TOP...they won the turnover battle...they had more yards.

It was just a horrible game...I mean there was one good play all game, but that was nullified by the ridiculous calls by the refs. Hasselbeck and the rest of the Seahawks O-Line knew they were getting a free play...the steelers linebacker had jumped early...and the penalty was...HOLDING? On the right tackle that did a pretty damn good job containing a player that jumped offside. Ouch.

Stonecutter 02-06-2006 08:30 PM

Quote:

That, as well as:

Jackson's PI was shaky, but Roethlisberger absolutely did break the plane. Remember, if ANY part of the ball goes over ANY part of the endzone (which is the WHITE line, not the colored part) it's a touchdown, even if the ball comes out of the endzone AFTER, so long as Roeth had possession (which he did) and the ball goes over the plane (which it did while he was in mid air) it's a touchdown.

Null 02-06-2006 08:40 PM

yea, it did cross the line when he was in air, just barely.

a touchdown, does not actually have to 'touch' 'down' to be a 'touchdown'. :p