GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Adult Link being reveladed tonight (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2308)

gekko 06-10-2002 07:11 PM

Adult Link being reveladed tonight

More news from Idiot's favorite Senor Casamassina:

Quote:

Okay. Rare this and Rare that. You hate it, I know.

So a little good news. Well, actually, first a teaser for some coming good news.

Tomorrow on IGNcube we will reveal what the future holds for adult Link. Tune in for it.

Matt

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change of plans: Okay. We'll run with it tonight. -Matt

And some advice: Oh no. Don't work yourself up into a frenzy, guys.

It's cool news. But it's nothing that's going to change your life.

Matt
Hmm...

D-realJos 06-10-2002 07:25 PM

He supposedly will be in the GCN version of Soul Caliber 2.

source

gekko 06-10-2002 07:32 PM

Link in SC? Kinda screws the story, but in all honesty, that would be pretty sweet.

BlueFire 06-10-2002 07:58 PM

Maybe Link stepped through another portal. :rolleyes:

Err...sounds pretty cool, though.

UncleNoName 06-10-2002 08:57 PM

IGN just posted the story, but it is Insider only. Anyone feel like telling us "outsiders" what it says...?

gekko 06-10-2002 09:00 PM

Basically they just say he's coming to SC2. Oh, and Link is exclusive to the GC version, with no word whether the other versions will feature any additional characters.

UncleNoName 06-10-2002 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by gekko
Basically they just say he's coming to SC2. Oh, and Link is exclusive to the GC version, with no word whether the other versions will feature any additional characters.
Oh aight, thanks. So it's confirmed now, I wasn't too sure it was true after reading the Gamers.com article but now...

But how the hell will Link fit into SC2? It will be wierd playing seeing him in it...

BreakABone 06-10-2002 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by UncleNoName

Oh aight, thanks. So it's confirmed now, I wasn't too sure it was true after reading the Gamers.com article but now...

But how the hell will Link fit into SC2? It will be wierd playing seeing him in it...

To sweeten the pot, I think they should also include the Ganondorf model from SpaceWorld 2000. I mean 2 exclusive GCN characters would be pretty sweet.

Drunk Hobbit 06-10-2002 09:31 PM

Let's not get cocky now ;)

gekko 06-10-2002 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by UncleNoName

Storywise, he doesn't fit. But since Soul Calibur is a weapons-based fighter, he would be awesome in that game.

fingersman 06-10-2002 11:41 PM

SWEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT.

This is good...it shows Nintendo didn't throw away the model after all. ( not that I think they would):yippie: :drum: :guitar:

Yup this made my night sorta. :D

DeathsHand 06-11-2002 12:21 AM

Yeah I heard awhile back that each version of Soul Calibur (meaning each console) will be differenent... tweaked for what the system can handle and stuff... I guess that would mean extras, too... I wonder if PS2 will have any cool extras... It would be awesome if each game had a different extra character or two from one of the major games off of the system... only problem is, like almost all of PS2's major games are third party :p Although they could still work something out... right? :(

Anyways... Awesome news..... but I'll still wait and hear what extras PS2's version will have (if any) before deciding which to buy... :sneaky:

gekko 06-11-2002 12:29 AM

If the rumors are true, SC2 is being developed on Triforce hardware. If that's so, that would explain why Nintendo gets Link added. It could also, possibly, take advantage of the GC mem card.

I know they said before Triforce games can support the GC mem card, to access certain things.

Ginkasa 06-11-2002 02:23 AM

Cool :D

I wonder what his ending (if there is one) will be when you beat SC2 with him?

Lord Germano 06-11-2002 05:13 AM

Ahem, Images.

Of course, these are just mock ups from the dudes at IGN. I thought they looked fake at first, then I saw it in writing, so...