GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Day 9 (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13364)

Professor S 09-27-2005 12:37 PM

Day 9

Thats right, I've been smoke free for 9 days now. It has not been easy as I was smoking for nearly 11 years, but it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. Odd part is, I've kind of replaced the habit with work (just call me captain productivity as I will do anything to get my mind off smoking) and WoW.

I resubscribed to Wow 2 days and already have 4 characters over level 10 :D That might not be great shakes for a lot of you, but thats damn fast for me.

GameMaster 09-27-2005 12:44 PM

Re: Day 9

I never knew you smoked. Congratulations on taking the first step towards a life of pureness and good health. You'll be pleasantly surprised when more females start flocking toward you now. Most people these days prefer a smoke-free partner. Besides, what kind of example would you be setting for children if you smoked as a teacher?

Here's to 9 more days! Keep up the great work! :beerchug:

Jonbo298 09-27-2005 01:14 PM

Great job so far. Noticed how your breathing and whatnot is getting better? At least according to another person I know he says his breathing is better and feel "better off" so I figure you may be having similar things

Professor S 09-27-2005 01:41 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Smoking is the last remaining vice of my misspent youth, and my girlfriend is very happy about me quitting. I still drink, but not nearly as much as I used to. I can remember spending $300 per weekend at the bars around me. It amazes me now how much I used to drink in my heyday. I could have honestly put down the downpayment on a house from what I had spent in 4 years as a young professional.

I haven't touched weed in 3 years and nothing else since 2000. Now I just need to drop the 50+ pounds I've gained since college.

Next stop... Slimsville.

DarrenMcLeod 09-27-2005 02:43 PM

I'm addicted to Popeye Tasty Candy Sticks right now.

But honestly, that's awesome. It reminds me of a Norm MacDonald comedy bit, where he talks about how the best thing about quitting smoking was the food.

"Oh my god! This is delicious! There's so much flavor, I can't believe it... I have to get this recipe off you! What do you call these?

What's that?

Boiled Potatoes? Ah, yes, I'll get that recipe for Boiled Potatoes... such a tangy, zesty flavor"

Joeiss 09-27-2005 03:46 PM

Smoking is narsty. Good luck with quiting man! You can do it! You can do it all niiiight looooing!!!

Vampyr 09-27-2005 04:38 PM

Congratulations. Keep going...and if you ever get the urge, play more WoW!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeiss
Smoking is narsty. Good luck with quiting man! You can do it! You can do it all niiiight looooing!!!

I don't think it's that nasty. I smoke cigars with my friends every two or three weekends, and I find it enjoyable.

The Germanator 09-27-2005 04:49 PM

Both of my grandmothers died due to complications from smoking all of their lives, so that is one habit I never got into. I hope you can keep it up because it's certianly the best thing you can do for yourself.

I don't find smoking particularly "nasty" exactly, but I've made out with a couple girls that are smokers and makes that experience much less pleasant I would say.

Jonbo298 09-27-2005 05:13 PM

I could never picture myself smoking...The bad effects of it are way too much to get me to do it. The smell is enough to make me grog :Puke: Cigar's smell better when I walk by someone but god...I can't see myself doing it personally

Krypton 09-27-2005 07:22 PM

awesome job dude, keep it up :D

Dylflon 09-27-2005 07:41 PM

Good luck on slimming down.

You'll find it easier if you drink less.

Good eating habits coupled with regular excercise works wonders.

jeepnut 09-27-2005 08:19 PM

Way to go dude. Keep it up. You can beat this.

My dad has smoked nearly all his life. A couple years ago he found out that he had COPD and his doctor told him that he needed to stop smoking immediately. He has yet to do so. There are many times I find myself wondering how much longer it will be before it catches up with him and he gets cancer or has to go on oxygen.

Acebot44 09-27-2005 10:09 PM

Keep it up, dude. My mom smokes, and it'll be the death of her.

Xantar 09-28-2005 12:44 AM

Great job. You know, I heard that when you're trying to break an addiction, eating ice cream helps a lot.

Oh, you want to lose weight, too? Well then, uh, damn. You're making me feel guilty. What's next? Cutting back on time in front of the computer?

DimHalo 09-28-2005 12:58 AM

Keep on going...

My mom turned to candy when she quit smoking. Runts in particular. It worked well for her. She rarely even needs the candy anymore. OF course, that method wouldn't really fit in the losing weight plan. But I hope you find something that works for you.