GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Pokemon (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10801)

Crash 02-13-2005 01:19 AM

New Pokemon

Ok, i know nothing of pokemon, but apparently people seem to think there will be a new pokemon with a new game... so those who love pokemon, talk away....

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Quote:

well guys, a new Pokémon has been revealed in CoroCoro, it is called Rukario and currently we only have a sihlouette.
According to the information shown with it, it seems to have something to do with Mew: "From the title, we know the Mew and Rukario are closely connected. Is Mew watching over this hero (Rukario) ? With the ability to understand Rukario, it's still unknown what story Mew holds."
They also think it may have some of the fighting powers that Blaziken had: "The keyword is warrior (hero) and humanoid. will this new pokemon be adept in physical combats? Will it know fighting moves? Blaziken is the first pokemon that comes to mind while seeing the silhouette. Will they possess similar powers?" Thanks to Coronis for translation

GameMaster 02-13-2005 01:33 AM

Re: New Pokemon

Last time I had checked serebii.net had been down, I'm glad to se it's back up! ^_^

It's an excellent source for Pokemon information and news.

That's definitley Blaziken. Ash Ketchum will be battling with it later in the series. Why it's more important than Swampert and Sceptile is beyond me?

I'm just glad we get to reunite with Mew. I hope we see Mewtwo again also. I love learning about his life.

DarkMaster 02-13-2005 01:54 AM

How many Pokemon are there now? Like 5000? That's a crap load of toys and merchandise. I'd hate to be the parent of the kid who needed to catch em all.

Jonbo298 02-13-2005 02:01 AM

Milk it til its dry, thats how alot of companies are nowadays =/ But whatever sells, sells.

Dyne 02-13-2005 02:03 AM

I'll gladly play Pokemon games as long as they keep coming out, even though Gold and Silver were really disappointing. If they ever introduce another game that reminds me of Gold and Silver, I'll stop playing.

dropCGCF 02-13-2005 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyne
I'll gladly play Pokemon games as long as they keep coming out, even though Gold and Silver were really disappointing. If they ever introduce another game that reminds me of Gold and Silver, I'll stop playing.

I liked Silver version, but I lost it.

I thought that it was creative how they tied in the new 100 with the original 150.

BlueFire 02-13-2005 12:44 PM

I liked my Blue and Silver version. Silver is where I stopped, because I was getting confused with all the damn pokemon.

Fox 6 02-13-2005 12:49 PM

I had the Yellow Pickachu Version, and the gold one. My brother got the blue one. I think I'm past Pokemon though, there's just too many now.

Vampyr 02-13-2005 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLueFire
I liked my Blue and Silver version. Silver is where I stopped, because I was getting confused with all the damn pokemon.

Too true. I loved my red and silver version, but when I bought Sapphire I sort of stopped playing...I never finished it.

Acebot44 02-13-2005 02:10 PM

Yeah, Red version took so many hours away from me. I could hear the game music in my mind before going to sleep every night! I didn't finish Sapphire either.

Dyne 02-13-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acebot44
Yeah, Red version took so many hours away from me. I could hear the game music in my mind before going to sleep every night! I didn't finish Sapphire either.

Really? Just before you slept at night? I heard it everywhere. :D And then sometimes, kids with gameboys would pop out of nowhere. So I knew I wasn't crazy, sometimes.

Especially the night I caught Mewtwo for the first time. I was up all night, and I was in church freaking myself out.

Haha, good old Pokemon era.

I beat Ruby and it was great. But nothing will ever beat the originals.