GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Super Smash Bros For Wii U/ For 3DS (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22790)

BreakABone 04-09-2014 05:14 PM

Super Smash Bros For Wii U/ For 3DS

That's the title they are sticking to

But anyhow, they had a very special Nintendo Direct on this yesterday so figured would share

Jason1 04-09-2014 08:43 PM

Re: Super Smash Bros For Wii U/ For 3DS

That was actually pretty good. Gets one pretty hyped for the game. Lets just hope they don't ruin the online like on Wii. Pretty much every time I tried to connect that lag was un bearable.

Vampyr 04-09-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason1 (Post 286151)
That was actually pretty good. Gets one pretty hyped for the game. Lets just hope they don't ruin the online like on Wii. Pretty much every time I tried to connect that lag was un bearable.

Surely they've learned their lesson.

I'll be picking up the 3DS one this summer. :)

Angrist 04-10-2014 08:54 AM

Amazing Direct, I wish they were all as fast and funny like this.

I'm a bit sad that the U version comes out so late. The U really needs some games fast!

Jason1 04-10-2014 08:10 PM

I just picked up a Wii U headset at Best Buy for $5. I may never use it but at least I have it. Also works as $5 headphones. Looks like they are $5 on the Best Buy website as well if anyone is interested. Cant really go wrong for $5.

BreakABone 09-12-2014 05:17 PM

Got the demo for the 3DS version

Has Mario, Link, Pikachu, Mega Man and Villager

One stage, Battlefield, but have normal and "Final Destination" version of it.

So far pretty damn fun

Angrist 09-18-2014 05:35 PM

I still don't really see what this game adds to SSBB. I know it's a bit faster again, probably better balanced and it has new characters.... but other than that?

I really though they were holding some big new innovation back. Like a new gameplay element...
I was hoping the costumes would be fully customizable, like they did with the Mii fighters. The different costumes could have been collectables, that would have been awesome. But alas.

Vampyr 10-03-2014 02:58 PM

IT HAS ARRIVED

I'm really pumped.

Angrist 10-03-2014 06:04 PM

I'm not. The demo confirmed to me that this is just Brawlee HD. Without the HD on the 3DS.

Vampyr 10-04-2014 01:54 PM

It's really nothing like brawl. It's much faster paced, there's tons of equipment unlocks, and tons of customization for mii characters.

Angrist 10-04-2014 04:36 PM

Yeah that's why I called it Brawlee. :P The features of Brawl with almost the speed of Melee.

Equipment unlocks sound good... anything for Zelda characters? If it's just for Miis, eyes will roll.

Vampyr 10-05-2014 11:37 AM

The Nintendo fighters aren't as customizable visually as the Mii fighters, but equipment allows you to make a bunch of changes to the way their abilities look and work.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/super-smash...acter_Creation

Angrist 10-05-2014 06:07 PM

Meh. A game like Hyrule Warriors shows what you can do with costumes. I was expecting different looks for Link (retro?) etc., but there's none of that. Just Fierce Deity Link looks ok.

I hope the U version fixes a lot of issues that I have with the 3DS version.

BreakABone 10-07-2014 02:09 PM

Wii U nov 21st in the States/NA

Dec 5th in Europe

Angrist 10-07-2014 05:28 PM

Boooooooooh, we Europeans aren't used to waiting anymore! :( :p