GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Happy Hour (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   All Good Things (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22042)

Typhoid 01-19-2012 07:07 PM

Re: All Good Things

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo (Post 280936)
Is that something you guys would be interested in?

I would definitely use that as my outlet for my time-wasting-nonsensical-topical-ranting rather than my normal posts.

I'm sure other people would use it for much more useful things than me, however.
That also might be a good way to draw in new members. Give them a place to maybe show things off, artwork, maybe videos of how they did in a certain video game (or something).

KillerGremlin 01-19-2012 07:24 PM

I would have suggested turning GT into the forum for NOTR except that it sounds like Vampyr has plans for the site. :p

Bond 01-19-2012 07:57 PM

Someone should let Vampyr into the staff forum. It would be great to see a new thread considering the last one is from July of last year.

Vampyr 01-19-2012 08:32 PM

I should really get a more professional avatar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by typhoid
So, will there be sweeping changes? 100% overhaul, new members, new forum staff, new look, new colours?

First things first I'm going to have to do an audit of vBulletin 4 and see what all it's really capable of. It seems to be like a full blown CMS for managing content on a website, which is cool. Hopefully it's easy for me to leverage my own programming skills to take those turn-key solutions and make them something truly unique for our site.

Blogs are a great idea. Like I said - I really want to focus on the community aspect of GameTavern, and build new features around that. Just having blogs wouldn't be enough - people would never go read them. We have to find a way to integrate those blogs into the forefront of GT and make them visible. I think I know how to do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerGremlin
I would have suggested turning GT into the forum for NOTR except that it sounds like Vampyr has plans for the site.

NOTR will always be our sister site, but I think gametavern deserves to be something completely game oriented. It won't try to compete with Nerds on the Rocks, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bond (Post 280955)
Someone should let Vampyr into the staff forum. It would be great to see a new thread considering the last one is from July of last year.

I'm in your forum, reading your really old threads.

Bond 01-19-2012 08:41 PM

Yeah... let's not make any of that public. I feel like there were some unique conversations from a few years ago.

Typhoid 01-19-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

I should really get a more professional avatar.
Nah.
I think it fits the situation.

Neo 01-19-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampyr (Post 280958)

I'm in your forum, reading your really old threads.

Oh crap, better delete that "Vampyr is a nut licker" thread. Sorry!

And what the hell is NOTR? Is this something I should have been aware of?

Weird.

Combine 017 01-19-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bond (Post 280959)
Yeah... let's not make any of that public. I feel like there were some unique conversations from a few years ago.

You cant bring up stuff then tell us we cant see it, thats not fair. :(

I gotta know now!

Teuthida 01-19-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neo (Post 280962)
And what the hell is NOTR? Is this something I should have been aware of?

http://nerdsontherocks.com

It was suppose to be the front page for GT but became its own thing. Hosts three podcasts: Nerds On The Rocks (themed shows about various topics), Dual Wielding (gaming), and The Comic Anvil (comics); has comic and game reviews, satire articles, and other stuff (I just started a crappy little comic there).

Neo 01-19-2012 10:06 PM

That's pretty cool; I'll have to check it out.

Edit: Hah, I see there's even a thread about it. Shows how much I pay attention.

BreakABone 01-19-2012 10:38 PM

Oh since we can expect changes

Can we also get a version that is smart phone friendly?

Site is awful to navigate on the go.

Angrist 01-20-2012 04:40 AM

Yay!

Vampyr 01-20-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreakABone (Post 280969)
Oh since we can expect changes

Can we also get a version that is smart phone friendly?

Site is awful to navigate on the go.

I believe that if we upgrade to VB4 the site will automatically have a mobile style. There is a "mobile" license you can purchase, but I believe this is just for publishing iPhone/Windows Phone/Android apps for your forums, which I don't think we really need.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I want to purchase the full Publishing Suite (which includes blogs and a cms), or just the forums and roll my own blog/publishing software. I already have an application I wrote that does some of those things.

jeepnut 01-21-2012 11:25 PM

Thanks for evrything Neo. It was always great to know that this site was still here whenever I remembered it existed on about a twice yearly basis.

Congrats Vampyr!

Dylflon 01-22-2012 07:41 PM

I'll help out by posting more. I will also donate a bit of money if necessary.