GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KH Sephiroth help (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3559)

DarkMaster 10-10-2002 09:29 PM

KH Sephiroth help *warning-spoilers*

ok, i've been getting my ass handed to me by this bastard. I'm at level 45 and goofy and donald are at 46 and 43 respectively. this guy is friggin insane, his sword reaches across half the god damn area. I've found a way to recover from his instant KO attacks, but this guy is just too fast. 1 minute 38 seconds is my record for staying alive against him. For those who have beaten him, any tips? should i just go raise my levels some more? thanks in advance

EDIT: warning, this thread contains major spoilers, do not read if you havent beat Kingdom Hearts.

BlueFire 10-10-2002 10:11 PM

I remember hearing you should be around level 80-100 to beat him.

Have fun. :p

DeathsHand 10-10-2002 10:13 PM

I think it was PSM that I read this in... they said that like... they were having a hard time beating him, so they called up Square and asked the d00d how to beat him, and he simply said "Are you at level 100 yet?" or level 99, whichever is the max...

heh... sounds quite hard :eek:

BlueFire 10-10-2002 10:15 PM

Who doesn't love a good challenge?

*DH commits suicide over it*

Hmm.. :unsure:

DeathsHand 10-10-2002 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BLueFire
Who doesn't love a good challenge?

*DH commits suicide over it*

Hmm.. :unsure:

Die :mad:

I havn't even played the game so yeah :p

Chances are I would get quite frustrated with it though...

CrOnO_LiNk 10-10-2002 10:22 PM

No, no, no... Leave this to the KH master. (BTW, that's me. ;) )

I am at level 78 or level 79 and I can beat Sephy right now. I got everything in this game... almost. I just saw the secret ending and damn that was nice. Okay,

Notes before the fight

-Set your magic shortcuts (L1-?) to the way you want it. I used Curaga-X Aeroga-O Firaga ^ for Sephiroth

-Don’t be intimidated by him he is the strongest opponent in the game but once you get the hang of controlling his attacks and get your strategy down, he’s not all that tough.

Sephiroth’s Attacks

Okay you’ve got all the stuff, are at a high level and think your ready to fight Sephiroth, well your not, because you don’t what a clue what’s going to happen when you walk into that ring. This will give you a little insight on what’s going to happen once you do enter that ring of hell.

Most of Sephiroth’s attacks do about 25 on average but some do more then that. I made the assumption to how much damage each attack does seeing how there is no way to get the precise amount of HP taken. I’ll also say how easy it is to dodge it and what to do to try to avoid the attack.

*Side Slash* 27HP-[Easy Dodge]-Forms 1,2,3- A regular attack, simple attack. Get to close to Sephiroth and he’ll do this attack, even though this is his simplest attack as he starts to go into his different forms it seems to take a little bit more each time. Though this is his most common attack you can get hit with it just because the enormous length of his sword and his extreme quickness, but can be extremely easily Guarded .

*Forward to Back Slash* 29HP-[Avg. Dodge]-Forms 1&2- Another simple attack but a bit more harder to dodge and takes a little bit more away from you. What this attack does is when you get close to Sephiroth he will jump Forward, Slash, then jump backwards. I heard of people saying that you are able to dodge roll away from the slash but it is yet to be tested, but even if it does get test I would not recommend it just because you are not able to guard while you’re running which is a very valuable Ability.

*Fire Pillar* 30HP-[Avg. Dodge-depends if you’re close to him]- Forms 1&2- A complex attack that takes a hefty amount of life. Another attack that is triggered by you getting too close to Sephiroth, what happens here is Sephiroth throws his hands in the air and three pillars made of fire reaching the sky lasts for about 5-7 seconds. If you have a lot of HP on Sora you can sneak in a couple of shots against Sephiroth before getting hit with the fire. After the attack ends Sephiroth takes a 1.5-2 second breather which is enough time for you to superglue away on heal yourself and is a huge advantage for you.

*Out of Nowhere* 25HP-[Hard Dodge]- Forms 1,2,3- This attack changes as you go trough Sephiroth’s different forms but you’ll learn to adjust. Lets start with the first form, the only time he does this attack in his first form is when you do a 4-5 hit attack combo (not any ability attacks). In forms 2&3 he’ll do it when you get to far away from him and when you do the combo. As you go to his 2&3 form this attack also seems to get a little stronger. If you get VERY lucky and are able to dodge this attack then you should quickly lock on and start a new set of attacks seeing how his is still discombobulated from his last attack.

*Blue Balls of Light* 25HP-[Avg.-Hard Dodge]- Form 3- This attack will almost always catch you off guard. What happens is this is the first attack in a string of attacks that Sephiroth form 3 does, he creates a blue forcefield around himself and then does the attack (the forcefield makes him invulnerable to all attacks so don’t think about it). The attack starts as Sephiroth in the middle of the ring throws arms in the air and summons these blue balls of light to come out and attack you. There are about 7-9 Balls of Light in each attack but at this point of the battle the fight should be very fast paced and he should not get this attack off the ground more than 3 times tops.

Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in there shoes so your a mile away and you have there shoes
From: Macriti87 | Posted: 10/10/2002 6:07:15 PM | Message Detail
*Dodge This* 30HP-[Hard Dodge]- Forms 2&3- This attack seems very simple yet it gets used very rarely. There is really not much to say about this attack, as you can tell from the name of the attack it is very hard to dodge, but other then that you really won’t see much of this attack during the Sephiroth battle.

*Falling Meteors* 30HP-[Avg. Dodge]- Form 3- The second part of that string of attacks that Sephiroth form 3 does. Once again he is in the middle of the ring when this happens, he begins to summon 5-6 meteors to start falling down into the ring. Each meteor is about the size of 2 Sephiroths put together and are usually easy to dodge. Whatever you do just don’t jump to try to avoid the meteors, I’m pretty sure you can Superglide away from them but definitely DON’T TRY TO GLIDE AWAY!

*Side Meteors* 25HP-[Hard Dodge]- Form 3- The Third and final part of his 3 set attack where his stands in the middle of the ring invulnerable to your attacks. Once again summoning 5-6 meteors but instead of having them fall out of the sky Sephiroth summons them to surround him and begin to go into a circular pattern. The strategy that I used to take this attack out of Sephiroth’s playbook was to stand in the end of the ring and jump whenever I saw a meteor coming and if I felt ballsy I would fly around the edge of the ring and see if I get hit but usually I didn’t.

****SIN HARVEST**** ALL BUT 1 HP & NO MP- [Un-dodgeable]- Forms 2&3- Sephiroth’s Ultimate attack bottom line. This is the one that you’ll beat the crap out of your little brother (for looking at you the wrong way) after you die from this. Well here is what happens he begins to say SIN HARVEST and then disappears, at this point you should have your item menu open and be ready to use and elixir, he comes back and at this point you should be in the opposite of the ring as him just in case something goes wrong with the elixir. Remember there is absolutely no way to dodge this attack so please don’t e-mail me. After he comes back he does his attack, ULTIMATLY DEVASTATING. The attack leaves you with 1 HP and no MP, after you lose your hard earned H&MP he begins to run at you with full force, what you should have done was the elixir just before he used the attack so that the elixir sets in about a second after he does SIN HARVEST so it will be like nothing even happened but trust me it is not that simple at all you have to time it down to the exact second which is extremely hard and unfortunately there is no real strategy I can give you for that, you just have to practice.

[b]At least be on level 65+ and go fight him. Level 54 is way to weak...

So for now, your ass is grass and Sephy is the lawn-owner, my friend. Any more help, just ask me. I have fought all the secre bosses... Ask me anything about this game and I'll give it to you right away!

DarkMaster 10-11-2002 12:27 PM

thanks a lot, seph aint got nothing on me

BlueFire 11-01-2002 09:35 PM

Lmfao... I just fought him for the first time. He beat me in 4 hits. Haha

BTW: Sora: Level 50
Donald Level 49
Goofy Level 51

even though Sora takes this battle on his own.. :hmm:

DarkMaster 11-01-2002 09:45 PM

i still havent beaten him, Sora at level 60 now

CrOnO_LiNk 11-01-2002 10:25 PM

I beat him on level 78. I am at level 100 with all 3 right now. Sephy is a sinch.

BlueFire 11-01-2002 11:08 PM

Some guy in GameFAQs beat him on level 51-54 on Expert mode....

DarkMaster 11-01-2002 11:09 PM

Quote:

Some guy in GameFAQs beat him on level 51-54 on Expert mode....
that guy is a filthy lying bastard!

well if he seriously did, then holy crap he must be good

BlueFire 11-01-2002 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DarkMaster
that guy is a filthy lying bastard!
Quote:

Level requirements will depend on skill level, but once
you see his pattern of movements, you can defeat him easily at lower and lower
levels. I took him out on Expert at level 52. Was it easy? No. But being level
100 won't give you that much more of an advantage, unless you severely lack defense
and HPs
He either has a lot of time on his hands or is a naturally skilled person. I go with 1. :p

BlueFire 11-03-2002 12:32 AM

On another note, I just beat Kingdom Hearts! :D

DarkMaster 11-03-2002 11:49 AM

Quote:

On another note, I just beat Kingdom Hearts! :D
sweet eh? did u get the secret ending?