GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Getting GBA SP? (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4383)

GameMaster 01-12-2003 10:47 PM

Getting GBA SP?

I am even though I just recently bought a regular GBA. I'll use the SP for taking places since it's screen is protected with fold up technology. I also want the convience of a backlit screen.

GameKinG 01-12-2003 11:12 PM

Yes. Dont have a GBA yet.

Dyne 01-13-2003 01:16 AM

No. Too expensive, and I have a perfectly fine one anyways. Besides, I don't play many games on the road. I'll play them in the comfort of my home on either the Game Boy Player or my GBA. :)

It's a neat gadget, don't get me wrong, but you can buy 3 GBA games for the price. My Nyko Light work fine on my GBA.

Yoda9864 01-13-2003 04:13 AM

Yeah, I'll end up getting it. It's so annoying when you want to play at night, namely if your family is driving home from your relatives that live 3 hours away. The worm lights just don't cut it IMO.

Jonbo298 01-13-2003 09:31 PM

I've held off on getting a GBA for almost too long. But now that SP is coming and its frontlit and doesn't require AA batteries, its just become the greatest handheld out there!:D I will mainly use it for when I am not home. When I am home, I will use the GBA Player while my battery recharges:D hmmm....now that I think about it...;) Nintendo must have thought of this all along. If little Billy doesnt want to wait 3 hours to play his GBA SP, he can use his GBA Player to continue the adventure!:D Damn am I a genius:D

Jason1 01-13-2003 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jonbo298
I've held off on getting a GBA for almost too long. But now that SP is coming and its frontlit and doesn't require AA batteries, its just become the greatest handheld out there!:D I will mainly use it for when I am not home. When I am home, I will use the GBA Player while my battery recharges:D hmmm....now that I think about it...;) Nintendo must have thought of this all along. If little Billy doesnt want to wait 3 hours to play his GBA SP, he can use his GBA Player to continue the adventure!:D Damn am I a genius:D
I dont see why everyone is creaming themselves over technology that has been around for 20 YEARS. My parents recently threw away rechargeable batteries and a charger that was copyrighted 1985. Rechargeable batteries are NOTHING. Just go out and buy some AA rechargeables and a charger for under 30 bucks. And the back light should've been there in the first place. This is in no way an update to the GBA, its simply a realization by nintendo of some **** they should've thought about a long time ago.

Jonbo298 01-13-2003 10:40 PM

I know that rechargeable batteries aren't new. Its just that Nintendo has almost finally perfected the GBA. And that is what I like. Nintendo was probably still deciding how to solve the big problems with the original GBA. Imagine if Nintendo was just now releasing the GBA SP and its the newest handheld. Most of you would probably say something like-damn, took Nintendo long enough to release a new handheld! The original was basically something to hold consumers over until Nintendo could perfect the technology. But thats just my rant about it.

BlueFire 01-14-2003 08:46 PM

Nope. I have a GBA.

Crono 01-14-2003 09:02 PM

Honestly I don't see the point. I will just get the GBA Player for my GCN, I'd rather play it on the big screen and I don't play games on the road.

Jason1 01-15-2003 04:08 PM

Dont get me wrong, this will be PERFECT for playing in places besides you home, should be easy to see any ANY conditions. But this should've been done in the first place, we all know it could have been done a year or so ago or whatever it was when GBA came out. And it should've been done.

DimHalo 01-15-2003 09:46 PM

No, i'm not getting one.
1. I already have a GBA with a really good light.
2. It's too pricey for something they should have done in the first place.
3. I don't play my GBA enough for it to be worth it.

BigJustinW 01-17-2003 12:17 PM

I think I'm gonna get one... depending on how many "big" console games I will purchase around that time.

Shadow_Link 01-17-2003 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jason1
Dont get me wrong, this will be PERFECT for playing in places besides you home, should be easy to see any ANY conditions. But this should've been done in the first place, we all know it could have been done a year or so ago or whatever it was when GBA came out. And it should've been done.
But the fact is it WASN'T done in the first place. A newer, better GBA has been released, and I intend on buying it too. I COULD get recharagables for my current GBA, but I have no light, and I hate add ons, let alone having to open one up just to fit an after burner. To me, it doesn;t matter why this wasn't released in the first place, it just matters that it's out now :D.

I'll be picking this up along with a GBP.

GameMaster 01-17-2003 10:05 PM

I completley agree with Shadow Link's take on this whole issue. Some of you guys are so fixed on how it wasn't released originally instead of the current one but theres nothing we can about that so why dwell on it? Be happy.

PureEvil 01-18-2003 12:51 AM

Nah.

I barely play my GBA as it is (I haven't touched it in months). This would be little more than a waste of money for me. I like the new look, but that hardly makes it worth my while to pick one up. Maybe I'll go buy a cellphone.