GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Both Gamecube & GBA Successor confirmed by Nintendo (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3689)

GameKinG 11-01-2002 12:09 AM

Both Gamecube & GBA Successor confirmed by Nintendo

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nintendo is in the software business - to stay. Nintendo is in the handheld business - to stay. And Nintendo is most certainly in the home console business - to stay. Work is well underway on the successor technology to both Game Boy Advance and Nintendo GameCube.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Peter MacDougall -- speech transcript (PGC)

link

For those who dont know, hes a Nintendo Executive.

CrOnO_LiNk 11-01-2002 02:11 AM

So does that mean the Gamecube and GBA aren't Nintendo's final console?

GameMaster 11-01-2002 02:43 AM

That's correct. Did you think they were their final consoles? What led you to believe that?

Angrist 11-01-2002 10:14 AM

Some people... :rolleyes:

Nintendo once said something like 'we want to concentrate on software'. That doesn't mean they're nog doing hardware anymore.

Dyne 11-01-2002 01:22 PM

Saw this on IGN yesterday, I read the whole freaking speech. I only have one thing to say:

GO NINTENDO!

It's great to see that they finally have some AIM, and have announced it. I feel like kicking my Xbox..... =P

DeathsHand 11-01-2002 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dyne
Saw this on IGN yesterday, I read the whole freaking speech. I only have one thing to say:

GO NINTENDO!

When Sony announced early on that they were planning for their next console, people had pretty much only one thing to say too:

BOO HOW COULD YOU BE WORKING ON A NEW SYSTEM ALREADY YOUR LATEST ONE IS STILL NEW BOO SONY BAD SONY BOOOOOO!

:sneaky:

CrOnO_LiNk 11-01-2002 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GameMaster
That's correct. Did you think they were their final consoles? What led you to believe that?
I remember hearing some rumours... No harm done...

I just thought that because lately the whole gaming industry has been going crazy. Microsoft trying to buy out all developers, Square and Nintendo coming back together, the Rare deal, the GBA outselling the PS2, and many more. But yeah, this is real good news.

Ginkasa 11-01-2002 02:41 PM

*gasp* A moderator, double posting! You need to set a better example!

*nods*

I read the speech (most of it) at IGN as well. Pretty interesting.

*shrugs and walks away*

Crono 11-01-2002 03:29 PM

I heard rumours of a new GBA being in development...it was like an new type or something, I dunno. Interesting, I guess...

Angrist 11-01-2002 04:07 PM

Hmm that would really suck. The AGB hasn't had it's time yet. It's selling great and there are enough super games coming out for it. If they bring out a next one, ppl won't buy. Then you'll get 2 groups of users: AGB & AGB2. Developers will start making only games for the AGB2 and the chaos is complete.

Neo 11-01-2002 04:34 PM

That's good to hear. For a while it looked as though Nintendo might go 3rd party.

I don't think you need to worry about an AGB2 being released anytime soon. They're for sure just exploring their options right now.

Jason1 11-01-2002 05:32 PM

It felt really good to hear that...Nintendo has made some strange decisions in the past that we question...but this shows they are on track.

Perfect Stu 11-01-2002 08:15 PM

The sad thing is that if they release the system a year or so later than PS3 and XBox2 it's doomed already

CrOnO_LiNk 11-01-2002 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Perfect Stu
The sad thing is that if they release the system a year or so later than PS3 and XBox2 it's doomed already
To be honest, I think PS3 won't sell better than PS2 in America... Unless Square and EA continue their redeam.

TheGame 11-02-2002 12:35 AM

Let's see, Ps2 sold more than GCN, at a higher price point, with hard development, and a "crappy" list of first party developers.

Anybody who sais Ps3 will do remotly bad is talking out of thier "butt" ;)

Ps2 was Sony's last chance to fail, it has everything wrong with it. Price, Power, and development... all three work against Ps2, and Ps2 is kicking the hell out of the more powerful, lower priced, and more developer friendly consoles.

Nintendo has yet to make progress sense SNES.

MS... well, they are keeping up with Nintendo as a newbie, that probably do have a big future.

Stu is 100% correct, it Nintendo doesn't have a head start next time, it could be deadly.