GameTavern

GameTavern (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/index.php)
-   Video Gaming (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gladius Demo (http://www.gametavern.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6202)

TheSlyMoogle 07-29-2003 12:25 AM

Gladius Demo

I'm not sure if you guys have heard of gladius? It's a Tactical RPG being released for all 3 next gen systems on the 20th of August.

Read this preview by RPGamer!

So today I was at Sam Goody and I played a demo version of the game on XBox. It looked really fun. It was pretty to the eyes and the combat system seemed easy for the most part. I was a little confused as to what to do, but I didn't go through the tutorial seeing as I didn't have that much time to spare. What really puts the game apart from other TRPGs was the little mini-games that determined strength of hits or success of moves used. It seemed like it will be fun and I'll be sure to pick it up for GCN when it is released.

-Moogle out!

GiMpY-wAnNaBe 07-29-2003 12:41 AM

Re: Gladius Demo

never heard of it before, but it sounds quite entertaining

Hero2 07-29-2003 12:46 AM

i got a poster in egm about it

TheSlyMoogle 08-02-2003 02:17 AM

It does sound very interesting. I don't think it's going to get enough coverage and stuff to make it a big seller and it looks like it should be a really great game.

CrOnO_LiNk 08-04-2003 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSlyMoogle
It does sound very interesting. I don't think it's going to get enough coverage and stuff to make it a big seller and it looks like it should be a really great game.

I just got that Free Blue book based on all Summer 2003 Nintendo games that Stonecutter was talking about and Gladius was one of the games.

Sly, exactly what kind of game is it? I mean, I know it's a tactical RPG, but what is it more like... FFT or Arc the Lad? Or is it just a whole new tactical RPG?

TheSlyMoogle 08-05-2003 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrOnO_LiNk
I just got that Free Blue book based on all Summer 2003 Nintendo games that Stonecutter was talking about and Gladius was one of the games.

Sly, exactly what kind of game is it? I mean, I know it's a tactical RPG, but what is it more like... FFT or Arc the Lad? Or is it just a whole new tactical RPG?

It resembles other tactical RPGs but it's something completely different. To determine the strength of moves or the accuracy of moves you had to play little mini-games. Most of them were games that involved timing the exact button presses with the flashing buttons on screen. I really didn't know the Xbox buttons so I missed most of the time or my attacks were weak. Hmm It was sorta like tactics, but like I said I really didn't understand the battle system so I can't really be sure. I just know it sounds good storywise, and the gameplay was fun, and it kept things from getting tedious with all the mini-games.

GiMpY-wAnNaBe 08-06-2003 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSlyMoogle
It resembles other tactical RPGs but it's something completely different. To determine the strength of moves or the accuracy of moves you had to play little mini-games. Most of them were games that involved timing the exact button presses with the flashing buttons on screen. I really didn't know the Xbox buttons so I missed most of the time or my attacks were weak. Hmm It was sorta like tactics, but like I said I really didn't understand the battle system so I can't really be sure. I just know it sounds good storywise, and the gameplay was fun, and it kept things from getting tedious with all the mini-games.

minigames :hmm:..i dunno...kinda reminds me of chocobo world for FFVIII

TheSlyMoogle 08-06-2003 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiMpY-wAnNaBe
minigames :hmm:..i dunno...kinda reminds me of chocobo world for FFVIII

Never played it. I'm not sure exactly how Gladius will be. But it's only a few weeks away. I'll be sure to pick it up when it comes out and tell everyone about it!