Thread: Your Life Story
View Single Post

Your Life Story
Old 09-29-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
Crono
Godlike

Now Playing:
Default Your Life Story

Ok, I've had this thread idea for quite some time. I think it's a good idea. And IF there has been a topic like this recently, please close this or something, but I don't recall there being any topic like this for quite some time.

Basically, sum up everything important about yourself and your life in a couple paragraphs. Just say like where you were born (if you want), where you're from, what youve achieved, anything personal... etc. Follow my example (not as long hopefully)

----------

So, where to begin... On April 13 1987 I was born at Gatineau Memorial Hospital, in Gatineau-Hull, Quebec, right across the river from my country's capital, Ottawa. My Dad lived in Quebec all his life, and my Mom is from a province called New Brunswick. When I was almost 4 years old, my Dad and several of his brothers move to Northeastern Ontario in a city called Sudbury, one of the most famous mining cities in the world. As you can guess... he moved here to work in the mines, because at the time they needed people to work. I stayed in Sudbury only briefly, then I moved about 1 hour north to a town called Cartier... a town of 400 people in the middle of bum **** no where. Ok, so not only was the town very small (actually wasnt too bad because I was friends with everyone my age in town, thats the way it was there... everybody knew you some way or another), buuuut... because my parents wanted me in Catholic school, I had a ONE HOUR bus ride to and from school. 2 hours a day I spent on a school bus, most kids these days are on a bus for like what... 20-30 min tops?
Well, that was my childhood. There wasn't much to do in Cartier except ride your bike and fool around in the train yard (because that's the only reason why the town even existed in the first place, because it had a train station... AND... lol, because the tracks went straight through our town, the train guy would stop and have a break.. and guess what? it blocked getting from one side of Cartier to the other).

Skip to when I was 10 years old, my parents divorce. Forgot to mention that I have 1 brother and 1 sister, at the time my sister was 4, and my brother 15 (now they are almost 11 (my sister) and 22, I'm 17). So anyway, after they divorce, I move back into the city. I was sad in many ways but happy that now I was able to take a short bus ride to school or walk. I even walk to high school now, it's 10 minutes away.
My Dad moved a bit closer to Sudbury, in a town of about 1200 called Levack, it's about 40 min away from Sudbury.

The only problem with living in Sudbury was the fact that:
1. had to make new friends.. did this twice because:
2. I moved a lot around town. I spent the rest of grade 4 and then grade 5 at one school, and then did 6-8 at another school. This was because my Mom didn't buy a house, and still hasn't. Though I am so happy that not once through high school did I change schools, that and the kids I met in grade 4 and 5 here, I got to see them again in grade 9!

And so what have I got to show for myself? Not much. As far as sports go, I played t-ball and a bit of soccer when I was young. Haven't been in any organized sports, or school sports, since then. My only interests these days are music and video games, though I am WAY less interested in games than I was before.

And what do I plan to do with my life? No idea, I keep changing my mind.

These days I am in grade 12 and working at a gas station. Which isn't too bad of a job.

But I am still living in Sudbury, Ontario. For those of you who don't know where it is, and you probably don't, it is located in the Northeastern part of Ontario, 6 hours west of Ottawa, 4 hours north of Toronto.

Anyway.. you're turn.