View Single Post

Old 04-02-2002, 05:03 PM   #4
Xantar
Retired *********

Now Playing:

I hope there isn't any implication here that attending church regularly and praying every night equates to goodness. Don't get me wrong. In my personal experience, religious families raise wonderful children. It's just that sometimes they don't, so the correlation isn't strictly true.

I understand that the basis for this is that I'm God and should therefore reward my faithful followers, but I want it understood that I don't necessarily equate religiousness with goodness (this better not turn into another religion debate). For the sake of argument, let's say that I am omniscient and can see into the hearts of my followers so I know that the first couple is "better" than the second.

Anyways, if I were God, I'd say that I have a master plan and that I will give the child to one couple or the other according to whatever fits my plan best.

Since, apparently, I'm limited to just what's given here and I should ignore the rest of the universe, I would give the child to the first couple. The only difference specified here is that the man in the second couple hates retarded children. If given a normal child, both couples would do fine (other than the woman in the second couple having alcohol therapy which shouldn't matter that much).

Religious couples also tend to love their children no matter what. And if the first couple is really disappointed, they can try for another kid.

Currently: Toy Story 3 reviewed