Thread: Drugs
View Single Post

Drugs
Old 02-06-2006, 04:38 AM   #1
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Drugs

I know some of you guys have done some hard stuff and just wondering if care to share some experiences. It's 4:10am, I'm on Ritalin...my work is not getting done anyway so figured I'd create this thread.

I've smoked weed a number of times but I'm done with it for good now. I hated knowing that the feeling was false. Plus I'm paranoid as it is without an aid. One time back in my old college I smoked up by myself in the woods near my school and got back to my dorm before it took affect (for some reason I experience a 10 min delay). This was 5am.

I smoked a huge joint and really wish I hadn't. Tried watching Cartoon Network; too intense. Tried watching WMP visuals but same deal. So sat in my chair in the dark. I was thirsty but felt I couldn't risk reaching to the floor to grab a bottle of water. See, I'm prone to have panic attacks so when THC increases my heart rate I notice that, panic a bit which raises it more, and then freak out that I'll have a heart attack. Loads of fun.

I made it to the bathroom and swore that the face in the mirror wasn't me...if it was I looked sickly green and oh so dead. I moved my hands infront of my face and it felt like a stop motion clay animation. I curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor and rocked back and forth for I dunno how long. Then I made it back to my bed and must have passed out before it even began to wear off.

I swore I would never do it again after that. I did...several times...some of them quite fun. But now I'm totally off it.

I have serious problems concentrating on my work. I'll get distracted by anything and everything. When I saw a professional comic book artist's work schedule on his web site
Quote:
Haul myself out of bed around 9:00am, then get started around 10:00 draw till 8... eat food...supposedly dinner...I don't usually take a break for lunch. Then go for a run around 10:30pm then work till around 2:00am.
I knew I would never be able to do that without help. I decided to buy some ritalin off someone to see if it would help.

First tried it to read Notes From The Underground to test it. Worked like a charm. Sat perfectly still inhaling the book until I finished. During that time the side effect of feeling elated came over me. Was quite nice. About 3.5 hours after taking the pill I was hit with every side effect minus coma, vomitting (which I'm physically unable to pull off anyway), and hallucinating (which I get plenty of from not sleeping).

I became freezing cold and jittery. Again my heart raced and my own paranoia added to the feeling. My hands went numb and was honestly kinda scared. Three hours later could feel my hands again and started to stop shaking.

After that time I halved the pill but it didn't help as much...especially in terms of drawing comics since I constantly have to check references and get up and move around. So turns out it won't be much help for my work afterall. I did do that pic of Penguin while on it though...I can do work on the computer until my hands bleed without the aid of drugs.

Sorry if bored you but wanted to get that out of my system. Probably won't try anything else; too paranoid. I'll stick to sleep deprivation and lack of nutrition.

So, anyone want to share?