View Single Post

Re: Anime Thread for discussing/recommending anime and stuff
Old 04-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #23
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: Anime Thread for discussing/recommending anime and stuff

Think I saw the first ep or two of the GTO drama. I find it really hard to watch a drama of a series you already know in anime form. Was excited to see the Honey & Clover drama, being one of my favorite anime series. Absolute shit. The characters were completely unrecognizable and they changed the entire story. Again I only lasted an ep.

Nodame Cantabile is the exception. The drama is about as good or maybe better than the anime. Great exposure to classical music as well.

Two other dramas based off anime/manga I've enjoyed (without having watched the anime first) were Hana Yori Dango (which led me to actually read the entire manga run after) and Hanazakari no Kimitachi e.

Other than those I've seen a number of other dramas which weren't great. But I swear Japan only has 20 or so actors. There hasn't been a show I've seen where I wouldn't recognize another actor or two from another show.

I started The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya but I got confused by the ordering. I started watching the air order but then I went back and started watching by number order and then just gave up. I did see the end...according to one of the orders I know.

Last edited by Teuthida : 04-05-2010 at 12:21 PM.