View Single Post

Re: Movie of 2010 Thread
Old 12-31-2010, 04:25 AM   #9
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Movie of 2010 Thread

The Good:

How To Train Your Dragon - Nothing overly original, but the movie had great animation and it tied together in such a perfect way that the movie became fresh and exciting. The riding sequences blew the crap out of Avatar too.

Youth in Revolt - Year's weakest sleeper comedy, this was a strangely awesome movie in my opinion. Actually, all things considered, this was one of Michael Cera's best roles that is not Arrested Development.

The Crazies - Proof that zombie cinema is still thriving and awesome. This one MAY have been more of an execution piece, but it worked and had some original moments. It was a worthy remake kinda like Dawn of the Dead 2004.

Kick-Ass - Thoroughly satisfying, ultra-violent, maybe the next best thing to Sin City which is in my top 3 best comic book movies EVAR!

Get Him to the Greek - This was FUCKING HILARIOUS and took a turn for the dark and twisted with the threesome scene. Russell Brand is a mad mad genius and I think this was the year's sleeper comedy hit.

Inception - Overrated but just so right. The great cast and the over-the-top music score definitely helped.

Piranha 3D - The only movie I saw in 3D this year and probably the only one worth seeing in 3D. Screw this 3D craze. I hate 3D. But when there are boobs, piranhas, 3D penises, and Doc Brown cameos, what is there to complain about? Highly recommended gross out fun.

Easy A - Second comedy winner of the year. Not quite as good as Get Him to the Greek, but still pretty awesome. And Emma Stone <3.

The Social Network - Self-explanatory. I really liked this movie. This was a 4-star film.

Cyrus - A comedy-drama with dark undertones. Great acting, this film is another hugely underrated comedy in a year filled with great underrated comedies. If you did not get a chance to see this one I recommend it.

I still need to see The King's Speech, The Fighter, True Grit, Black Swan, and 127 Hours. All those films seem like contenders for "best of."

Reflecting on my list of great films, I'd say that my top two recommendations for this year are The Social Network which is current, ties into Time's man of the year, and was just a great movie in every regard. Secondly I would say How To Train Your Dragon which I think is one of the best animated films to come out in a while.

The Bad:

Salt - Horribly bland, unoriginal, not memorable in the least bit, and the protagonist defies physics several times which is just annoying.

Alice in Wonderland - Just watch the original. For a new experience take with LSD/Acid/Shrooms/Etc.

The Back-up Plan - I always thought the back-up plan was abortion. This movie might have been tolerable had it not duped to every cliche known to Hollywood.