View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #371
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

I thought it was a pretty solid episode, too.
I like how it started right from the beginning, there was no sauntering back to the farm, it was just "Well son, I'm sorry to tell you that I ki- we've got to haul ass away from these zombies"

The only thing that got me as "meh" was when Herschel's daughter got taken by a zombie. It was easy to tell it was coming considering they were only looking left, and the camera was tighter on the right side; so I was all immediately "Oh, fuck. Well there's obviously an extra or two standing there or else they would have probably centred the shot, or at least have her look right."

I thought Herschel was going to get eaten. I'm pumped he didn't. If he does in the future, he does. I like the person of the character, and I think the actor plays him well. He feels like a real guy attempting to struggle with the world in a real way. For as much as he said he'd die on his farm (He very well might), and how he'd never leave - he wound up running like all the rest. Self-preservation.

I like how they all panicked and fled at some point. Fight or flight, but in the end flight took over for all of them. I like that; human evolution was based on flight. We don't survive by being the best hunter, we survive by being the smartest at living.
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.