View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 06-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #1301
Teuthida
A. Naef, 1916b

Now Playing: with power
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Injured my arms so all I could do these past two weeks was watch movies/tv and read. Painful to type this up, but must keep track of movies watched.

Burke and Hare
S'ok. One of those purposefully comedic movies along the lines of those of Mel Brooks's...except not particularly funny. Reading up on the Burke and Hare murders afterwards was interesting. The movie took a lot of liberties.

Magicians
Watched all of That Mitchell and Webb Look and Peep Show which I loved so decided to check out their movie. Entertaining enough but the worst thing I've seen from them. Think it suffers from having so few scenes of the pair together.

Clue
Good time. Swore Lesley Ann Warren was Susan Sarandon until I saw the credits. Tim Curry and Michael McKean were awesome.

The Informant
Entertaining but thought it would have been better.

Lord of War
Very interesting.

Everything Must Go
Biggie Smalls's kid is a pretty good actor.

Training Day
Other than the huge coincidence with the wallet, I liked it.

Jeff, Who Lives at Home
The shaky cam with the constant zooming in bothered me at first but soon was able to ignore it. Turned out to be a decent movie. M. Night's Signs is a prerequisite.

Starter for 10
Quite the cast. Professor X, Sherlock Holmes, Mycroft Holmes, Tywin Lannister, Young Howard Stark, Young Agent O, Donna Noble, and some other recognizable faces. Fairly good coming of age type movie. Would have been even better with more Benedict Cumberbatch.

Last edited by Teuthida : 06-20-2012 at 10:03 PM.