View Single Post

Old 12-17-2002, 10:39 AM   #81
Professor S
Devourer of Worlds

Now Playing: Team Fortress 2, all day everyday

Eagles Thoughts

There are a lot of people loving Feeley right now, and he has been doing a good job. Buts thats it. He's doing enough. If you take a look at some of his throws, about 1/4 of them are downright stupid and only half of them are good choices. He will play well enough for the Eagles to win out the rest of the season, but come the playoffs he has to go.

1) He hasn't played against a fast defensive unit yet.

2) He hasn't been beaten up yet.

3) Out of Philly's 3 quarterbacks, he has the least amount of zip on the ball (he does throw will excellent touch, however)

For those 2 reasons he will lose if he starts against the Bucs. The Bucs will put him on the ground throughout the game and their linebackers and d-backs may be the fastest in ther league and they will catch up to those tipped balls and lobbed passes that Feeley was throwing against the Redskins.

Now don't get me wrong, I think Feeley is doing a very good job in his role and he WILL be an excellent quarterback in the future, but if he starts in the playoffs he'll get eaten alive.

Donovan is the best choice to start against the Bucs, just because of the X-faxtor his running ability gives him will keep the Bucs honest (and unlike Vick he can actually run a passing offense... I wish everyone would get off that guys nuts... he's so one dimensional its silly).

I like Detmer against the Packers with his efficient short passing game and I think Pinkston (best hands I've seen in a LONG time) could have a huge day against them. Plus, I'd love to see Detmer do the a$$ spank to Favre again, but be on the winning side this time

You can mix and match for everyone else as I don't think they pose a threat. Oh, and if Vick plays at the Vet, he'll get hurt... BAD