Re: Game On: The First Presidential Debate
Old 09-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #31
Fyacin
Knight

Now Playing: Fire Emblem, The Shadow Dragon
Default Re: Game On: The First Presidential Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyr View Post
The experience argument is a dead horse, especially now that he picked Sarah Palin to possibly lead our country. And experience alone doesn't mean anything.

And you really thought it was a series of personal attacks? The mot offensive thing Obama said during the entire debate was, "It doesn't mean we invite them over for tea." And that wasn't even directed at McCain, it was directed at the picture McCain was trying to paint of Obama.

McCain, on the other hand, spent the entire debate snickering and giggling like a little school girl, and at points telling blatant lies about Obama, and repeating the phrase "Obama doesn't understand." Obama, when retaliating to these lies, would simply say "That isn't true." And explain why. He never got defensive. When McCain said something true, he would say, "John is right."

Obama defended his beliefs and explained his opinions, while McCain attacked Obama's and rarely defended his own.

I'm not sure about you, but I know which kind of politics I prefer.

@Fyacin: So was your comment.

Oh wait....

Bias sees what Bias wants. I'm not saying I'm not biased of course, just that arguing won't contribute anything.

I did find it funny when Mcain stumbled over "imanutjob's" name.
1Co 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

Of my weaknesses I'm desperately aware. Do I even dare to repent again? Why (would you) endure the pain?