View Single Post

Re: SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: STEELERS
Old 02-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #13
Perfect Stu
Knight

Now Playing: GTA4
Default Re: SUPERBOWL CHAMPS: STEELERS

For the record, I was cheering (sorta...i really didnt care much who won, sorta the theme of SuperBowl XL) for the STEELERS.

But that was definatey BY FAR the crappiest SuperBowl Ive ever seen...the only playoff games i remember that would compare would be NFC wildcard games of recent years.

You could tell from the beginning of the pregame that the Steelers were going to win, regardless of who was the better team. The crowd were waving the terrible towels, Franco Harris and Lynn Swan were cheered more than the other SBMVPs, everyone was picking the Steelers. The Seahawks even had BITTERSWEET SYMPHONY as their entrance music...you just knew that there was no way they were going to win...and there really wasnt. They won the TOP...they won the turnover battle...they had more yards.

It was just a horrible game...I mean there was one good play all game, but that was nullified by the ridiculous calls by the refs. Hasselbeck and the rest of the Seahawks O-Line knew they were getting a free play...the steelers linebacker had jumped early...and the penalty was...HOLDING? On the right tackle that did a pretty damn good job containing a player that jumped offside. Ouch.