View Single Post

Re: Is everyone still alive?
Old 05-04-2015, 05:11 PM   #47
yes_yes i am
Earl

Now Playing:
Default Re: Is everyone still alive?

I cannot believe I still remember my login name and password. I never posted much, but lurked a lot.

I used to go by Bizzy or something even more awkward than my current name, but I think I got banned for being an obnoxious idiot .

Wow, I must have been 14 years old when I joined, because I am 27 now. That is nuts. I still remember the first (or maybe it was the second) Survivor, griand prize was a Gameboy and 2nd prize was Zelda for the N64, where I stayed up all night posting every few minutes for one of the challenges. I think that contributed to a development of a subsequent sleeping disorder . surfin4life was a guy who played that game...Who ran that, does anyone remember?

I have this strange feeling that ign started out as a nintendo fansite, but the wayback archive doesnt confirm my suspicion, even as far back as 1998. I remember www.nintendose.com (were they competition or a rival forum? I forget) and then I forget what happened afterwards that led us to this current situation (I guess social networks like Facebook have contributed to the death of message boards).

This is my best friend, in real life:
http://www.gametavern.net/forums/member.php?u=441

I guess maybe some of you remember him...he was more active.

At some point Mushlafa introduced the forum to his friend HappyDude, and I think he became a contributing member or something like that.

What else can I say?

I have been a part of a couple forum communities that have died and it makes me sad, so I am not sure if I feel good or bad that I never invested too much of myself in it.

And so probably you guys dont remember me. But I remember you...

Last edited by yes_yes i am : 05-05-2015 at 06:22 PM.