Thread: Getting GBA SP?
View Single Post

Re: Getting GBA SP?
Old 06-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #32
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:
Default Re: Getting GBA SP?

I never got a SP back when they were new. I wasn't quite old enough for a job, so just getting the original GBA was quite enough for my parents. Even if I did have a job, I doubt I would have wasted money on a system that could only play games that I could already play with the system I already had.

Fast forward some years and I lost track of my GBA, but that was only because I had purchased a Game Boy Player add on for the GCN (playing GB games on the TV being a much better incentive than just a backlight). Alas, that GCN and GBP were stolen (along with everything else) in the Great Apartment Burglary of 2009. In light of the everything else I needed to replace, replacing an outdated handheld wasn't a priority (and, anyway, I still had my DS).

That was until a few years I wanted to play a GBA game and found that my DS was no longer working (being that I used my 3DS for any DS game I wanted to playand babies getting ahold of the DS and me not caring because I had my 3DS to play my DS games if I choose - forgetting the eventuality of wanting some GBA nostalgia). It was then, nigh on a decade later, that I purchased a (used) GBA SP.

I did not respond to this poll in 2003. I doubtlessly would have clicked on "no" with the full intention of that being the truth. With the hindsight gained from the years, however, I must concede that I did purchase a GBA SP and will retroactively vote for "yes."

Current Review: Xenogears