View Single Post

Old 06-16-2002, 05:14 PM   #3
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:

Well for more of my impressions. I've went through almost all the Championship modes except for Tag Team (Because your partner is a dumb@$$). It's much like Revenge's title mode. You go through a series of match culminatin with the final match between the Champ. Some differences includes random matches like TLC, Hardcore, Ladder and HIAC. It also moves up from One on One to Triple Threat to Fatal 4 Ways and finally an one on one with the Champ. This is how you unlock all the hidden characters and one of the hidden arenas. The mode really has no use after that IMO.

Next up is Battle of the Belt which has a collection of belts from old WWF/WCW/ECW titles to other fedearions to created belts. It's much like Path of Champions except that there are about 3 less matches and it's all singles match. The main difference is the fact that once you lose you got to start over unlike POC which allowsyou to continue.The belts would have meant so much more if you could have defended then in Exhbition mode with up to 4 players instead you can only do one on one unification matches. Which really bites the big one IMO.

The game truly shines in the multiplayer realm. It's just so much fun with 3 of your friends. Nothing beats a 4 player HIAC or TLC match. It's just so damn choatic it's fun. Some of the other matches are cool as well such as Battle Royale. The ref in the game is real cool also. You can get him distracted to cheat behind his back or get DQed for beating him up if there are DQs on. One of my favorite things is when he pushes an illegal man out the room, it creates enough time for some fun. So for you folks who get eliminated in Four Way matches and like to seek your revenge.

The game does have it's share of problems and glitches such as this screwjob ref. On two seperate occassion, we had Battle Roayle and someone got pinned and kicked out, but the ref continued to count and they got eliminated. Happened to me. I tell you Hebner loves to screw Great wrestlers.

On a whole, I'm pretty pleased in my purchase of the game. It has it's share of flaws and things that could have been put in if they used the time (Such as defending titles and a better CAW).

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away