View Single Post

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Old 03-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #10
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears
Default Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

SPOILERS AHEAD.....

So on Saturday I finished up the Zora Domain boss/dungeon, Vah Ruta. Man, what a crazy, awesome thing that was. Just getting into the dungeon was exhilarating, riding on Prince Sidon, blasting ice blocks, shooting electric arrows while falling through the air.

Then the dungeon itself was great. It felt a bit small and without many enemies compared to Zelda dungeons of old, but honestly combat is my least favorite part of this game, and the puzzles to find all the terminals were awesome.

The final boss really annoyed me at first, with the huge amount of damage it does in one hit. But after a couple of attempts I beat it pretty much without taking a shot, and it was pulse pounding. I love how they reused the ice breaking mechanic from before, except now it was even more fast paced. Perfect dodging the giant spear and rushing it for a flurry felt awesome.

After that I pretty much spent the next day and a half just exploring Zora's domain. I did a few quests for people, including the one where you find all the stone monuments and learn of the Zora history. I loved the throwback to OoT they had in there.

At one point I followed the Zora River all the way around to the Lake Hylia, just for the heck of it. It took forever, but it was fun stopping at random places along the river to solve Korok puzzles or do a random shrine. Along the way I stole a raft from some Lizalfos, and used it for most of the journey. Felt very Huck Finn.