View Single Post

Re: GRR Martin's Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Old 06-17-2016, 10:25 AM   #54
Ginkasa
Link1130

Now Playing:
Default Re: GRR Martin's Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

I have. Its a little weird now that its moved beyond the books. Like, I'm generally pretty okay with changes in adaptations. All the changes previously seemed like they served some purpose and were understandable in the needs of a show vs. the needs of a book, for the most part.

But now I don't know what the changes are supposed to be. I've been waiting 5 years since ADwD came out for these storylines to be advanced and they kind of are in the show, but is this really how it happens or what? Some of the changes from season 5 mean some of the characters are so far off from where they were in the books at that point. Does this mean the book characters will eventually converge to where they are in the show, or this is just completely different from what's going to happen in the books?

Its kind of an odd place to be in. Its like if there were an adaptation of the original Star Wars trilogy that came out in between the film releases of Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi where the adaptation never has Han Solo being frozen in carbonite and taken to Jabba the Hutt and is just with the Rebels the whole time. So, does that mean he's going to get rescused in the movie version of Return of the Jedi, or has this adaptation just gone off the rails?

But, still, I'm enjoying it. Excited for the Battle of the Bastards.

Current Review: Xenogears