View Single Post

Re: Why do Gamers Still Accept Yearly Sports Sequels?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #15
BreakABone
Living Legend

Location: Resident of Alfred.. Yes the town named after Batman's butler
Now Playing:
Default Re: Why do Gamers Still Accept Yearly Sports Sequels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlyMoogle View Post
Because people buy them. That's why they're still made, and that's why they still sell. People buy them because the majority of people that play sports games generally only play sports games. I would say they make up for 70% of the sports game players and buyers.

Not to say they don't play other games, but still.
You JUST said it!
Literally 2 sentence before you said they pretty much only play sports games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post
From my understanding, most sports games have a 2 year development cycle too.So even though Madden 2011 just came out, it's highly likely that they're starting work on 2013.

I'm not buying Madden this year though, my interest in football games has almost completly died. The NBA 2k games are much more fun. And this thread has gotten me a bit hyped about NHL too lol
How does that work? I was almost certain that the same team worked on every version of the game. Like doesn't EA Tiberon or whatever do Madden?

And to further my point I guess, in the other thread Gearbox just announced new DLC for Borderlands almost a year after the game came out. This will be the 4th DLC pack released for the game, and if memory serves me correct, each was $10 bucks. So for a huge fan of Borderlands, GearBox was able to obtain an additional $40 bucks after the initial 60 dollar purchase.

And they really didn't have to create a whole new game for it. LEt they've added new modes, increased the max level, new enemies, new weapons, new vehicles.

And somehow sports games can't update a roster, add new rules and stuff via DLC. And be on an every other year pattern?

Dyne on Canada's favorite pasttime,
Quote:
I loved ramming into animals as they ran away