View Single Post

Re: Last movies you saw
Old 02-15-2012, 05:21 AM   #1272
KillerGremlin
No Pants

Now Playing: my ding-a-ling
Default Re: Last movies you saw

Ides of March - Ryan Gosling can cum all over my face. Oh, this was a pretty good thriller too.

Paranormal Activity 3 - I guess I'm a fan of the series, I saw the first two. Number two was the most terrifying, really hitting that Poltergeist note to great effect. This movie added humor and some much needed back story involving some creepy exorcism stuff. There were a number of good gags as well, including a set piece with a bed sheet that merits renting this movie if you like horror.

[Rec] - The Spanish original that was remade as "Quarantine." Way better than the American version. There are a couple of "gross out" scenes and a scene with a kid that is compelling. The ending makes more sense as well. Sure, it isn't as dressed up in CGI or million-dollar effects, but some of the shots were actually more effective. And I always feel like a stranger when I watch a foreign film, and to me that adds a layer of unknown which creates some horror depth. I plan to just sit down and watch the series, both Spanish and American. [Rec 3] is coming out 2012!

Catfish - Profoundly interesting if you are remotely interested in human interactions (both in terms of the film's premise and in the likelihood the film itself is exaggerated or fabricated). This movie did throw a completely touching curve ball at the end, and ended on a very humble and non-judgmental note that almost pulled some heartstrings except by that point I was debating if this documentary is legit or a hoax (I have a list of like 100 reasons why this documentary did not actually happen, but I digress...). The movie negates some of the cautionary stuff that a privileged person might not have to deal with, but overall an interesting documentary.

Last edited by KillerGremlin : 02-15-2012 at 05:31 AM.