View Single Post

Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #312
Dylflon
HockeyHockeyHockeyHockey

Location: Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey Hockey
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Civ V, NHL 12
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

The death last night was such a bummer.

I know I just bitched at people for comparing the show to the comics but I'm sad Dale is gone because of the role he served in the group in the comics. He would basically observe the group as a whole and knew when someone was dealing with something they didn't want to talk about or felt they couldn't talk about.

Then he would go and talk to them about it and offer advice. I really liked that about his character and am sad the group won't have that in the show moving forward.

As for the feminist argument, even though I am an equal rights kind of guy, there is absolutely no way I would encourage the women of the group to spend time away from whatever area was deemed to be the safest. It's not about whether or not they can handle themselves, or being empowered or whatever. It's about maintaining the ability reproduce. In times of collapse, women are the most valuable asset if anyone has hope of keeping humanity going.