Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series
Old 03-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #328
Typhoid
Anthropomorphic

Now Playing:
Default Re: The Walking Dead: The Television Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrist View Post
That's my second biggest complaint about the show: nothing happens. Half of the show is filler.
(If you're curious: the biggest complaint is how illogical and stupid everything/everybody is.)

I wasn't really ripping on you. You're allowed to complain about the things you like. And I'm with you on the filler bit.

But I think a lot of what people today see as filler, people of 30 years ago would see as "setting the mood", and "ambiance". Michael Bay has effected too many things, and in turn a lot of people expect action all the time.

What drew me to the show to begin with was the slow pacing. It reminded me of old 'survival horror' shows. Where it was about suspense and personal thought of "Holy fuck, what's going to happen" rather than "Holy fuck, I can't believe I'm watching all of this happen."

But I even cut them slack if it is legitimate filler, just because while they're professional writers, I imagine it would be hard to write 48 minutes of white-knuckle-intensity every week. You need some plot set-up, and some character development, or mood development thrown around in there. It can't all be explosions and guts.

Also, as for them acting illogically during the end of the world- what is a logical way to act during the coming zombie apocalypse?
1.) To vigorously nod your head up and down.