Thread: Nintendo Switch
View Single Post

Re: Nintendo Switch
Old 10-27-2016, 08:12 AM   #2
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears
Default Re: Nintendo Switch

I have no idea how successful it's going to be. I think it will sell better than the Wii U, because if nothing else their first video was super clear as to what the device was, and I think at this point the failure of the Wii U may actually work in the Switch's favor. Everyone, even the general public, knows what the Wii U is now and why it failed to begin with, so I think people are paying more attention this time around, just to see what Nintendo does.

I'll definitely be getting one, if for no other reason than to play the best version of Breath of Wild available.

I'm mainly interested to see how games that were previously mobile only transition to the Switch. I think there's going to be some pressure on games like Pokemon to be bigger and better now that they have to be on a console platform, and the idea of playing a real Pokemon game on my TV is extremely exciting.

I am sad to see that the DS era is apparently coming to an end. The clam shell design has been a standard thing with Nintendo handhelds since the SP, and I've become so accustomed to having two screens that going back to one feels like a step back.

I'm also assuming that the Switch won't have 3D like the 3DS does. With the New 3DS I actually started using that feature pretty frequently and it worked really well. Kind of sad to see that go, too.