Re: Nintendo Switch
Old 10-30-2016, 10:48 AM   #4
Angrist
Dutch guy

Now Playing:
Default Re: Nintendo Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1 View Post
I wouldnt just assume that the Switch Version of Breath of Wild will be better than the Wii U version. It was designed to be a Wii U game after all, and didnt Nintendo say there would not be ANY graphical upgrades on Switch?
I remember them saying something like "both versions will play pretty much the same." Which could mean anything.
The Wii U seems to be struggling to run the game at times; it's only logical for the Switch version to run better.
I'm thinking of something like 1080p60 on Switch vs 720p30 on Wii U.

Nintendo has stated very clearly that the console can only stream to the TV when in the dock. No wireless transmissions like the Wii U had (I'm guessing that technology was way too expensive).
The screen is rumored to be a capacative multi-touch screen. The Joy-Cons are rumored to have motion sensing in them. And an IR-sensor like the Wiimotes had, which could let you play touch games on the TV, using IR-pointing.

Did you notice that both Joy-Cons each have their own set of shoulder buttons? They're inaccessible when clicked into the Switch, but they'll be very useful for multiplayer.

There's no way that this machine will be on par with PS4/XB1. Not with that size and not for a reasonable price.
All ports to the systems will have to be downgraded. But it won't be very drastic, not like with the Wii U.

As for first party titles, I'm sure Nintendo will do a much better job than with the Wii U. They acknowledged that they had too few games coming out for that and they promised to do better with Switch (NX). And unless they come out with a separate portable (which would be a blunder), all the 3DS developers will make games for Switch.
AAA third party support will still be tricky, but I'm sure we'll get more than on Wii U.