Thread: Nintendo Switch
View Single Post

Re: Nintendo Switch
Old 03-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #50
Vampyr
Abra Kadabra

Now Playing: Xenogears
Default Re: Nintendo Switch

Well, got my Switch and Breath of the Wild yesterday. So far, an amazing game.

The Switch itself though...the left joycon sync issue is real and it's extremely annoying. I'm starting to think Nintendo may eventually have to replace them.

Aside from that, there are a few other quality issues that concern me. The process of sliding the switch into the dock is not as smooth or seamless as it should be. It kind of wobbles in there. There are some pictures out there of screens that have been scuffed by the dock itself. It's not a part of the screen that shows an image, but still annoying. It probably wouldn't be an issue if the screen were glass, but it's plastic. Makes it less durable and less responsive than what people are used to on high end smart phones.

Other minor complaints are that the kickstand feels kind of flimsy, clicking it all the way out feels like you're going to break it. The little flap that covers where you insert a game doesn't click into place.

If I had to make a recommendation, I would say that the current switch is like the original GBA or DS. Unless you are a big Nintendo fan like me who wants to play their games ASAP, I'd wait for the GBA SP/DS Lite equivalent.

And whatever you do don't buy a second pair of joycons, they're kinda garbage.

Last edited by Vampyr : 03-04-2017 at 01:11 PM.