Grades: Panzer Dragoon Orta
Old 01-25-2003, 04:56 PM   #1
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:
Default Grades: Panzer Dragoon Orta

Quote:
Gamespot

"Panzer Dragoon Orta is an outstandingly well-executed game, featuring gameplay that's easy to grasp but rewards continued practice, exceptional graphics and sound, and a lot of worthwhile extras."

Overall: 9.0
Gameplay: 9
Graphics: 10
Sound: 9
Value: 8
Tilt: 10

Full Review...
Quote:
IGN

"Rail shooters, unfortunately, are a dying breed. But Sega continues to put them out. Rez, for PS2 and House of the Dead III for Xbox were both good shooters. But Panzer is the best. Addictive, fun, and fantastic, this one is a true demonstration of the power of Xbox. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful game, and you won't find a better rail shooter anywhere. Panzer doesn't try to do anything more than be the best rail shooter around. It isn't trying to be better than Halo, it's not trying to be GTA: Vice City -- It's a rail shooter. And for what it is, as limiting as some gamers may find it, it's about as good as it gets.

Old school gamers and fans of that brand of gameplay and feel will probably be able to enjoy Orta a bit more. Anyone who expects to get total control of a dragon, who wants to fly about like they're playing Crimson Skies may be disappointed at first. This is a shooter on rails, not a dragon flight sim. It's a fantastic game and as long as you go in knowing that the game is about multiple play-throughs, beating your own rankings, and enjoying a well-crafted world, then you should be able to enjoy and love Panzer Dragoon Orta."

Overall: 9.2
Presentation: 10.0
Graphics: 10.0
Sound: 9.0
Gameplay: 9.0
Lasting Appeal: 8.0

Full Review...

Old 01-25-2003, 05:24 PM   #2
Perfect Stu
Knight

Now Playing: GTA4

Very good scores

I want to rent the game to try it out...maybe next weekend. The whole sight and sound experience is more than worth the rental money, or so I hear

Old 01-25-2003, 05:36 PM   #3
gekko
Knight

Now Playing:

Game of the Year

Old 01-25-2003, 05:43 PM   #4
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

I was going to get my copy of PDO today, but Software ETC was out.

I did pass about five people buying Dead or Alive: Extreme Volleyball though. They tried to look really intelligent...

Old 01-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #5
tarakan69
Knight

Now Playing: Age Of Empires 2 (with friends online)

Quote:
Originally posted by gekko
Game of the Year
Thats going to be Halo 2... or MGS3 (if it comes this year)

Old 01-25-2003, 06:34 PM   #6
Perfect Stu
Knight

Now Playing: GTA4

Quote:
Originally posted by tarakan69
Thats going to be Halo 2... or MGS3 (if it comes this year)
1) MGS3 won't be out this year

2) Halo 2 could very well, and should be GOTY...online multiplayer has to live up to 'Halo standards' though

3) Statements look more distinguised when there are three points

Old 01-25-2003, 06:41 PM   #7
Bond
Cheesehead

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
1) MGS3 won't be out this year

2) Halo 2 could very well, and should be GOTY...online multiplayer has to live up to 'Halo standards' though

3) Statements look more distinguised when there are three points
Has it even been announced what console(s) MGS3 will be on? I don't want to jump to conclusions here or anything like that.

Old 01-25-2003, 07:00 PM   #8
gekko
Knight

Now Playing:

No, but it's been rumored to be on all 3 of them. And if it's anything like MGS2, I doubt it'll be getting game of the year.

Halo 2 will likely get the fan vote for game of the year, but whether or not it gets it by editors is another story. It's up against tough competition, and there's no more shock value. Wow, huge open levels... seen it last year. Wow vehicles... saw them last year. Halo 2 should be amazing, so should Halo 1 for that matter. But it won't have it so easy for Game of the Year.

Old 01-25-2003, 09:37 PM   #9
Jonbo298
Freaky me Freaky you

Now Playing:

Good scores. If my friend rented this, I would like to play it. It doesnt look too shabby and from these scores, it must be good enough.

Credit to Null for sig

Old 01-26-2003, 01:10 AM   #10
Dyne
Or should I say.. smanger

Now Playing: Infinity Blade II, Duke Nukem Forever, Skyrim, Vanquish

I was tempted to buy this today, because it was like $10 cheaper than DOAX... but.... I didn't end up doing that. I think I'll rent it this week though.

Old 01-26-2003, 11:18 AM   #11
PuPPeT
Duke

Now Playing:

Quote:
Originally posted by gekko
Game of the Year

Hell yea only had it a day played it to the 4 level at which point my girl had to pull me away from the console!!!!

Old 01-26-2003, 12:00 PM   #12
magus113
HOW DAAAAARE YOUUUU

Now Playing: Borderlands 2, DKCR3D, TLoU: Remastered

I bought it yesterday. It is REALLY good. If you can get to a GameStop or Software Etc. (both owned by Barnes & Noble) they should have them.

Although the game is good, it is relatively short. I am on the last boss, but the other good thing about it is, if you beat it, you can earn more things for the Pandora's Box feature. It is jampacked with extras. I also heard from the man who sold it to me, that if you were to beat PDO, you can play the ORIGINAL Panzer Dragoon. Sounds ultimately Über!!

Try and get it preowned though. You may not want to pay a bit too much for such a short game.

3DS Friend Code: 1590-4790-6369

Old 02-10-2003, 07:51 PM   #13
.hack//

Now Playing:

Notice that BOTH GameSpot and IGN gave Panzer Dragoon Orta a perfect grade for graphics (10 and 10). If you actually read the reviews, they both say Panzer Dragoon Orta is the best looking game ever (OXM, GameSpy, and a bunch of others websites/mags say the exact same thing). Panzer Dragoon Orta looks even better than DOAX and Splinter Cell.

Xbox titles just keep getting better and better graphically, and they will continue to do so.